Investigation Report on Trojan.Sofacy!g1
- Name: Trojan.Sofacy!g1
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: November 28th, 2017
- Updated on: November 28th, 2017 6:00:19 PM
- Alert Level: High
- Infection Length: Varies
- System Affected: Windows Operating System
Get More Knowledge on Trojan.Sofacy!g1
Signs that Indicate Your PC is Infected with Trojan.Sofacy!g1
- Your compromised system runs incredibly slow.
- Installed apps cannot be opened or crash right after you launches them.
- Appearance of intrusive and aggressive ads show up on your computer screen.
- Suggest you to install rogue anti-virus application.
- Web browsers act suspicious and you may experience unwanted browser redirects to phishing domains.
Unfortunately, it is quite hard to detect and remove Trojan.Sofacy!g1 virus manually, because it tends to mask itself under safe-looking names or processes. What's more, this malware can disable your system security softwares and pass through the Windows Firewall and antivirus applications. In order to eliminate this Trojan, RMV security experts strongly advise you to scan your PC with a powerful and trustworthy anti-malware removal tool which is capable of detecting and removing Trojan.Sofacy!g1 virus completely from your compromised device.
How Does Trojan.Sofacy!g1 Spread?
Unlike other destructive viruses, this Trojan do not spread by themselves. It can only be installed on your machine manually. Usually, threat actors behind Trojan.Sofacy!g1 malware spread it through spam emails or messages on social networking websites, P2P file sharing apps, or simply place its malicious download link in insecure web pages. However, one of the most popular and efficient way to spread such noxious Trojan is to send it directly to targeted users via email.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Sofacy!g1
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Sofacy!g1
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Sofacy!g1
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Sofacy!g1 and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Sofacy!g1
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Sofacy!g1 and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Sofacy!g1. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Sofacy!g1 related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Sofacy!g1, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Sofacy!g1 Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Sofacy!g1 Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Sofacy!g1 and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Sofacy!g1 Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Sofacy!g1 and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Sofacy!g1 Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Sofacy!g1, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!