I am using Microsoft Security Essential antivirus tool and it keeps detecting a threat i.e TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A. MSE tells me that the virus is deleted each time but within an hour or so the same threat is back again. This virus corrupts my routine application which is really very drastic for me. Can anybody help me to stop this from happening..??
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A is a hazardous Trojan virus that cannot be deleted by Microsoft Security Essential or any other antivirus program. Mostly, it is distributed through pornographic websites, spam email attachments and free software downloaded from insecure domain. Once inside your system, it will surely hit windows registry and create lots of hidden files. Every time you turn on your system, this threat automatically runs itself in the background. When you browse over the Internet, some unwanted pop-up ads randomly appear on your computer screen and you may notice that your PC performance becomes very slow. Moreover, it has the capability to exploit you computer security flaws and download more harmful spyware, malware or rogue programs onto your machine. Therefore, don't wait until all things get worse and quickly get rid of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A virus from your PC.
Dangerous symptoms of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A
- Generates number of hidden and malicious files on your system.
- It can corrupt you routine applications.
- This Trojan virus may cause the blue screen of death.
- TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A will bring in many other viruses.
- It cannot be erased by using common antivirus tool.
- It may causes the poor computer performance.
- This threat modifies system settings and windows registry entries without your knowledge.
How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A.
Step3: How to Uninstall TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dowfeld.A, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.