Hello, friends..!! My antivirus software gives me an alert notification about this Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock virus. I used to think that no viruses can escape the removal process from my antivirus program. But now, I found that I was completely wrong. This trojan threat can stay in my system without being deleted. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to use my antivirus tool to get rid of this virus but all I have done are in vain. How can I eliminate this threat from PC permanently..??
Brief Introduction on Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock
Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock is classified as a vicious Trojan infection which is developed by the scammers and cyber criminals who have an intention to steal your confidential information or infect your PC with different types of nasty malware. This threat is able to function in all the windows operating system. This malicious threat usually invades computer without getting any approval from system users. It gets installed through an exploit or few other deceptive means such as junk email attachments. The cyber crooks may attach this virus to the email and then spam thousands of peoples. If you ever receive and open such type of mail, then you could be the victim of this Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock nasty threat and your machine will be in high danger.
In addition, Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock virus also infiltrates your system via hacked websites and unsafe downloads from the Internet. So, you should behave well when you go online. Never try to visit any suspicious websites, especially those porn websites and also don't open the attachment of spam emails sent from a stranger. If unfortunately, your machine is infected by this trojan virus then you will find that the system is performing very weirdly. Whenever you try to open any installed program on your computer, then the programs won't open at all instead you may keep receiving some error messages which blocks any of your actions. This threat is capable of downloading additional malicious programs or software onto your PC without your authorization. Thus, users should delete Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock virus from the computer as early as possible.
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.B!plock, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.