Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P has infected my computer yesterday when I transferring some files from a USB drive. Suddenly my anti-virus alarmed that Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P has been detected on your computer. I have immediately removed the USB stick and Trojan both. When I restarted my computer, anti-virus again showed the same threat alert that Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P has been detected on your PC. What should I do now? My system also started working slow. Don't know how to delete this virus. Please help me to remove Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P virus completely.
Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P is a nasty computer virus that belongs to dangerous Trojan family. This dubious threat is able to attack all Windows based computer system easily. It is a stealthy intruder that enter silently into your computer. Once inside your system, this noxious Trojan virus will brutally mess with your system performance and leads to major problems. This cunning malware infection will also disable your anti-virus program to avoid its removal on your system. It is also capable of blocking your firewall security. Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P also create new malicious registry entires that help this threat in getting started automatically on the infected PC. It can also get back into the machine using those registry entries.
Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P normally get distributed via spam emails bundled freeware, infected USB, malicious websites and p2p file sharing. After getting into your PC, it will start several malicious activities that will slow down your machine and downgrade your system performance. Many of your system program fail to work and show unexpected error. It can also download other harmful threats and malicious viruses on your computer without permission. This dubious threat will also delete important system files and programs. Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P can also steal your personal and confidential information like your bank account details, credit card number, IP address, mac address etc. and send to hackers. It can also open backdoor into your system for other threats and malware. You are advised to remove Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P soon from your computer.
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.P, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.