Facts About Bed5 Ransomware
Belonging to the ransomware family, Bed5 Ransomware has been recognized as an updated version of Cerber ransomware. Now though many other updated versions of Cerber Ransomware is reported via security experts namely Cerber2 and cerber3. But among all of them Bed5 Ransomware has been characterized as a complete new version based on the “.bed5” extension it appends.
It is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS. It once invaded inside the PC, scans it deeply in order to find all the vital data (including images, music, video, MS Office files etc) stored on the PC. Furthermore encrypts them via utilizing the AES encryption algorithm, making them completely unusual to the users. As mentioned above, Bed5 Ransomware appends “.bed5” extension to the files while encrypting them.
Bed5 Ransomware actually deletes the original files of the user’s data and left the users with only the inaccessible copies. It after the successful completion of the entire encryption process, provide the users with a ransom note, informing them that their files have been locked. Along with this it also includes detailed instructions on how to access the encrypted files back once again. The note is simply generated in two formats namely “.txt” and “.html”. Both the files contains almost same message. Generally in this sort of situation mostly users have been reported taking decision of making the payment since the message appears completely authentic but it is strongly advised not to do so since as a matter of fact there is no guarantee that the promised decryption tool will be provided after payment. Instead it is just a trick planned by cyber crooks to generate illicit profit from rookie PC users.
Spreading Of Bed5 Ransomware
Usually, Bed5 Ransomware distributes along with the attachments of spam emails. To avoid this, it is suggested to always scan the attachments in emails before opening them. Along with that it is also advised to never open any attachment or tap any links from unfamiliar sources. Besides from emails, there are number of other potent sources which leads to the proliferation of this ransomware program in the PC such as freeware programs, malicious external storage media, unauthenticated file sharing, corrupted hardware, pirated softwares etc.
Malicious Nature Of Bed5 Ransomware
Bed5 Ransomware once loaded, changes the default system settings and prohibits the users from accessing the Internet. Moreover drops various other vicious applications in the PC. This ransomware program sniffs the user’s sensitive data and reveal it to the online marketing agent for unethical purpose. It also deactivates the installed antimalware programs and penetrates numerous other spyware programs in the PC. This infection deletes the system’s crucial files and diminishes it’s performance badly. Thus, to avoid such file encryption and to use PC efficiently, it is very essential to remove Bed5 Ransomware quickly from the PC.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of Bed5 Ransomware
How To Remove Bed5 Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Bed5 Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Bed5 Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Bed5 Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.