What Is BonziBuddy Ransomware ?
Being discovered by malware researchers in the second week of November 2016, BonziBuddy Ransomware has been detected as a terrible infection for the PC that do includes potential of infecting all the latest versions of Windows versions. The name of this perilous ransomware program i.e., BonziBuddy has been notified taken from the BonziBuddy desktop assistant which was launched in 1999 and was supported until 2004.
According to researchers chances are high that BonziBuddy Ransomware is basically a test version for an encryption Trojan which is being crafted at the time of discovery. However the code being embedded in the aforementioned ransomware program do not includes functionality of encryption but chances are high that can get changed in future. This threat after obtaining complete invasion in the PC provides the victims with a program window namely 'BonziBuddy Says', demanding them to enter a code into the given text box for having the PC saved.
The 'BonziBuddy Says' windows features the below mentioned message :
Malware Analysts have notified the author of BonziBuddy Ransomware in hurry or setting up the payment request instead of bringing improvement in the infection itself. Like those of several other most popular stubborn ransomware infection, it do not makes usage of the AES, XOR and RSA ciphers. Aside from this, it also includes the featuring of limiting the user's access to their respective computer systems. So, overall it would be not wrong to claim this ransomware infection an under developed threat has literally lacks manner and appropriate coding skills.
Tactics Implemented By BonziBuddy Ransomware To Invade Inside PC
Usually BonziBuddy Ransomware propagates among the user's PC along with the attachment of spam emails. Apart from this, often enters along with the installation of freeware as well as shareware programs and applications, because of peer to peer file sharing, using contaminated external USB drives for the purpose of transferring data from one system to another, installing pirated softwares in the PC etc.
Disastrous Issues Lead By BonziBuddy Ransomware In PC
- BonziBuddy Ransomware sneaks secretly in the PC without taking the user's permission.
- It following the successful intrusion, reset the default system's settings.
- It also corrupts the system's registry entires and injects numerous other vicious codes in it for obtaining activation every time whenever the system gets reboot.
- This ransomware program steals the user's private information and then reveals it to the online marketing agent regarding marketing purpose.
- It blocks the firewall settings and disables the installed antimalware programs. This results in the perforation of numerous other vicious infections in the PC.
- It makes the system's speed extremely dull and often causes system freezes or crashes also.
Hence, to get rid of all such hazardous as well as unbearable issues, an urgent uninstallation of BonziBuddy Ransomware is needed. Now to achieve this target it is suggested to make use of 'Free Scanner Tool' as it has been labeled as one of the most efficient credible antimalware instrument.
A: How To Remove BonziBuddy Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill BonziBuddy Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the BonziBuddy Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall BonziBuddy Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all BonziBuddy Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore BonziBuddy Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing BonziBuddy Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing BonziBuddy Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by BonziBuddy Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.