Click Me Ransomware Overview
Click Me Ransomware is identified as a stubborn ransomware-type virus infection that most usually targets the Windows PC and lurks inside them secretly without the user's consent. This threat once executed, opens a fake “Click Me” game, in which users need to catch a moving button and tap it. Meanwhile this, infection encrypts or locks the background files. In this game each time the user tap “Enter” on the keyboard, the game's background images get changed. So, throughout the entire game period number of background images get displayed after every click and keep getting displayed until users reach an image containing ransom-demanding message in Arabic.
Here is the translation of the text displayed in ransom-demanding message :
Click Me Ransomware while encrypting the files appends “.hacked” extension to their name via utilizing AES cryptography. This threat has been reported still in developing phase and thus do not encrypts enormous amount of files stored on the system's hard drive. Instead only encrypts one file namely “ransom-flag.png” located in the “D:\” drive (partition), leaving the other untouched. Moreover likewise several other ransomware infection, do not provides ransom note with payment information. Instead of that just merely states that the file has been encrypted and thus the victims need to pay regarding decryption. No further details about payment such as price, payment currency, decryption currency etc are listed. Thus, to keep the files stored in the PC protected, it is literally very important to uninstall it quickly from the PC.
Click Me Ransomware Perforation
Just similar to those of various other treacherous ransomware threat, Click Me Ransomware infiltrates secretly inside the PC. It's developers to download it successfully inside the PC, makes usage of number of unauthenticated software download sources such as freeware download websites, peer to peer networks etc. Apart from this, often distributes through fake software updates, spam email attachments, Trojan infections. Hence, to forbid this sort of situation from being occurred in the PC, it is strongly suggested to never download any files or softwares from various third party sources. Additionally, it is also necessary to always stay highly alert while downloading any attachment from unknown or suspicious email addresses. Cyber crooks have been reported capable of exploiting software bugs/flaws to perforate inside the system. Thus, it is literally a paramount to make utilization of an authentic antimalware program and keep the installed software application up-to-date.
Disastrous Practices Implemented By Click Me Ransomware In PC
Click Me Ransomware, once activated acquire complete control over the entire PC. It irritates the users on huge extent by continuously popping up scary messages on the device's screen. Furthermore, encrypts the user's files and makes them totally inaccessible to the users. This threat invades the user's privacy including their credit card information, email address, password and vital accounts etc. Later on the information is accommodated and then transferred to the remote server for unethical purpose. This infection makes the system's performance extremely slow and sluggish and often causes system crashes also. Hence, to avoid all such disastrous issues and to use PC efficiently, an urgent removal of Click Me Ransomware is needed.
How To Remove Click Me Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Click Me Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Click Me Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Click Me Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.