Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware – What Is It ?
Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware is characterized as an expression utilized to describe a specific variant of ransomware program that mostly targets the PCs with Windows OS installed in them. The threat lurk secretly inside the PC and then after that conducts a series of harmful activities in it. Basically this threat has been designed for the specific purpose of earning illicit profit from novice PC users. Regarding that purpose it encrypts the files stored on the targeted PC , modifies the name of the files and furthermore, appends a new extension to the encrypted files.
Together with this, Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware also generates notes files i.e., .txt or .html in every folder containing the encrypted files, resets the background of Windows Desktop and makes usage of several sort of lock-screen. The desktop background, note file and the lock-screen include a ransom note informing users about what had actually happened to the files and how to make the payment regarding the further decryption process which is actually necessary for the users to access the encrypted files back. Generally, it has been found that users after the occurrence of such scenarios starts making assumption that actually their files will be accessible after the payment and thus decides to make the payment but it is strongly recommended to do so since it is just a web spread by online scammers for trapping the users into it's tricks and then generating revenue from them.
How Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware Attacks On PC ?
Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware generally comes bundled with various freeware and shareware programs and penetrates inside the system at the time when users download and install those programs in their PC considering them totally reliable. Besides from this, the aforementioned ransomware infection often infects the PC along with the attachment of malicious emails and using contaminated peripheral devices to transfer data from one PC to another.
Harmful Symptoms Of Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware On PC
- It modifies the default system settings without the user's knowledge and makes it almost non-responsive.
- It steals the user's confidential stuff and transfer it to the online marketing agent for commercial purpose.
- Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware perforates various additional spyware threats in the PC by turning off the firewall program disabling the installed antimalware.
- It slows down the PC's speed badly and causes unexpected system crashes.
Hence, to protect the personal information from being sniffed and the files from being encrypted, an urgent uninstallation of Cyber Splitter Vbs' Ransomware is required.
Remove Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Cyber Splitter Vbs’ Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.