Information About DiamondFox
DiamondFox has been classified under the category of dangerous trojan infection that do have potential of work as a botnet. This malicious program facilitates the attackers with a wide range of numerous other tools that may get utilized to accommodate data from the PC of their victims. In addition to this, the program can also enables hackers to access the victim's files, profiles and often uses the compromised system for the purpose of propagating spam emails through e-mails, Facebook or Twitter. It mostly targets the PC with Windows OS installed in them. This highly threatening tool is sold on underground hacking forums at free of cost. Via this it enables even normal PC attackers i.e., without much knowledge about programming background to make it's usage for performing all kinds of shady tasks.
DiamondFox infiltrates silently inside the PC and then after that brags a passwords collector, RAM scrapping device, a keylogger, DropBox spreading, automatic USB spreading. Along with this the ability of taking of the desktop screenshots and to deactivate the vital Windows features such as the 'Registry Editor' and the 'Task Manager'. This botnet program is actually controlled through a Command & Control server written in PHP. The basic purpose of cyber criminals behind the developer of this malicious Trojan program is to extract the user's information silently without the user's consent sending spam emails, implementing DdoS attacks and serve as a proxy.
How DiamondFox Propagates ?
DiamondFox invade in the PC by making use of numerous shady techniques. Most commonly comes attached with the spam emails and get downloaded on the PC at the time when users before opening the attachments do not scan it. Hence, to prevent this it is advised to never tap on unfamiliar links on emails. Besides from this, sometimes distributes together with the installation of freeware applications from number of anonymous torrents, using infectious USB drives to transfer data, playing online games, installing pirated programs etc.
Dangerous Consequences Of DiamondFox
DiamondFox once loaded, brings modification in the default system settings. Moreover enables the attackers to acquire complete control over the entire system and change the related settings as well as shutdown or restart the system without asking for any permission. It sniffs the user's confidential stuff including their valuable data, login names, identify details. Additionally it also monitors the user's surfing practices and records the keystrokes and often capture screenshots. These informations are then further revealed to the predefined email address or is transferred to the remote host. This infection installs various other vicious threats in the PC and diminishes the PC's speed badly. So, to maintain a distance certain magnitude of distance from such severe issues, it is quite necessary to uninstall DiamondFox quickly from the PC.
How to Remove DiamondFox from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall DiamondFox from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to DiamondFox using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find DiamondFox
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate DiamondFox.
Step3: How to Uninstall DiamondFox from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to DiamondFox and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to DiamondFox and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose DiamondFox and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select DiamondFox and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete DiamondFox Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type DiamondFox to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all DiamondFox named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only DiamondFox entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of DiamondFox, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.