"It is a very strange and scary experience to view DirectionsAce Toolbar on my web browser. I am a Windows 7 user and have never install or allow this toolbar on my computer. It get installation without my consent and now after all my efforts, I am unable to uninstall DirectionsAce Toolbar from my computer. Please help me to get rid of DirectionsAce Toolbar on my computer."
DirectionsAce Toolbar is a malicious toolbar for Windows web browser. It is defined as an adware infection which targets online PC and after assaulting it take over the web browser. It has designed and developed to earn money in the form of revenue by displaying advertisements and creating web traffic for third parties. The adware program can get installed along with a bunch of software after downloading bundled software application from free download portals. While the downloading and installation process, the user does not know about installation of any additional program and so DirectionsAce Toolbar also get successful installation on the targeted computer without any knowledge of owner. It also make its way to your computer when you open Spam emails and illegal websites on your computer.
Once DirectionsAce Toolbar is installed on your computer then you may notice several changes in the behavior of your computer and browser. Suddenly it degrades the performance and speed of your computer by its malicious activities. It display inexorable pop-ups, banners, In-text links, coupons on your every browsed web pages and the links on these adverts mostly redirect to dubious or malicious websites. It supports installation of other malware by making your computer vulnerable. It has an another goal which is highly dangerous for Internet users and that is stealing of personal identifiable and online banking or shopping information including Debit/Credit card details. Hence you should not wait anymore to remove DirectionsAce Toolbar from your computer.
Learn To Remove DirectionsAce Toolbar Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DirectionsAce Toolbar Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DirectionsAce Toolbar Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DirectionsAce Toolbar related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DirectionsAce Toolbar On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DirectionsAce Toolbar from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.