What is DNS Unlocker version 1.4? From few days, I am detecting it in my system. It was an unknown program for me so I tried to remove it from the Control Panel. But I was completely shocked to see that it comes back again when I rebooted the system. When I start my surfing session, lots of annoying alerts appears in the screen which is difficult to close. Why am I detecting such situations in my system? Is there any method to remove DNS Unlocker version 1.4 permanently from the system? Please help, all the suggestions will be highly appreciated.
DNS Unlocker version 1.4 is identified as potentially unwanted program which comes bundled with freewares or sharewares without the users consent or knowledge. After entering in the PC, it will install its own toolbars, extensions, plug-ins or add-ons in the default web browser and conducts changes in the search engine settings. DNS Unlocker version 1.4 carries ability to mislead the users to malignant pages of the third parties and generates countless pop ups or advertisements with the sponsored links of commercial sites. It tries to convince the users in order to download the latest version of the softwares and provides direct installation link. DNS Unlocker version 1.4 will generate only bogus alerts which should not be trusted by the users anymore.
You may also detect the unwanted folders of DNS Unlocker version 1.4 in the Control Panel. But even after the uninstallation, it will appear automatically in few minutes. Even more, you may also detect fake processes in the registry editor which is created by the program. Due to its worst impact, almost all the important PC tools, softwares and programs such as task manager, Windows Firewall, antivirus, video player, Java version will stop responding. It will also interrupt when user tries to install the latest version of the disabled programs. Its only aim is to help the cyber criminals for earning illegal profits by fooling the innocent users. Hence, you are suggested to uninstall DNS Unlocker version 1.4 immediately after detection from the infected system.
Learn To Remove DNS Unlocker version 1.4 Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DNS Unlocker version 1.4 Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DNS Unlocker version 1.4 Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DNS Unlocker version 1.4 related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DNS Unlocker version 1.4 On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DNS Unlocker version 1.4 from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.