I am detecting lots of process related to edlhcf.exe in my task manager. These days, I am experiencing abnormal behavior of the system and it responds extremely slow to my instructions. Even I tried to terminate the fake processes as it was increasing the CPU but don't know how new processes comes automatically. It is becoming extremely difficult for me to work normally on the system and installed programs shows error messages on accessing them. Could you please help me in removing edlhcf.exe completely from the system?
edlhcf.exe is recognized as Trojan infection which can secretly infiltrate in the system and mess up with its performance. It looks like an executable file which can hide its presence under the internal or hidden files. You will find lots of edlhcf.exe processes in the task manager which is difficult to terminate manually. It can leads to high usage of CPU and thus the running speed of the system will become extremely slow. In its presence, you will detect lots of unknown files in the temp folder. The worst part is that even after deletion, it will come back automatically. You must know that it is created by the hackers with illicit aim. Third parties tries to collect the financial details of the users and bypass them the remote servers. Additionally, it may also allows them to access your files and data secretly. So, if you detect edlhcf.exe in your system then remove it completely.
In the initial stage, edlhcf.exe affects the working of installed programs and softwares including security tools such as updated antivirus and Windows Firewall. This threat carries ability to download lots of additional files secretly which is not safe for the system performance. Moreover, it comes with harmful payloads and use them to modify the registry entries or stored files to corrupt them severely. It also takes huge space in the system memory and does not allows the users to install any new application of their choice. Whats more, you will experience crashing of the operating system and sometimes system will boot itself at certain intervals which is extremely annoying. Thus, if you want to prevent your PC from further damage then remove edlhcf.exe immediately.
Steps to Remove edlhcf.exe
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate edlhcf.exe
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by edlhcf.exe
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by edlhcf.exe and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by edlhcf.exe
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by edlhcf.exe and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to edlhcf.exe. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the edlhcf.exe related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by edlhcf.exe, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate edlhcf.exe Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the edlhcf.exe Running Processes.
- Right Click on edlhcf.exe and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove edlhcf.exe Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by edlhcf.exe and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete edlhcf.exe Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove edlhcf.exe, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!