I have received an email from [email protected] which says that my personal files are encrypted. Then I noticed changes in the extension of all the files names and I was unable to access them. I detected a text note on the desktop which asked me to pay the fine to get the decryption key. What is [email protected]? Why it is asking me to send money for my own files? Is there any other way to make my files accessible again? Please help me by providing complete instructions.
[email protected] is deemed as ransomware which has recently created havoc amongst the users. You will find a spam email and clicking on the links can lock your system functions. It carries ability to encrypt your important files and ask to contact on [email protected] for further instructions. It will generate an alert that your files are encrypted and you have to pay for decryption key which is available on a secret server. It is capable to alter the extension of all the files which is difficult to view also. Moreover, it will provide a time limit and asks the users to send the money within the given time otherwise the key will be erased from the server and you will loose all the chances to get back your important data. Its presence can also disable the working of security programs and all the softwares will not respond properly. [email protected] is not legitimate, so do not trust any of its alerts anymore.
In reality, [email protected] is a scam of the cyber criminals whose main motive is to help its creators for earning profits. The worst part is that it carries ability to track the online activities of the users and steals the sensitive data which you type while making payments. Even after sending the money, it will not provide any key to unlock the files. It is capable to exploit the vulnerabilities of the system and makes the users suffer from identity theft situations. It will become extremely difficult for the users to perform a single activity on the system as it can stop all the programs executions. Hence, if you have also get any mail from [email protected] then try to remove the presence of ransomware completely from the system.
How To Remove [email protected] From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End [email protected] Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the [email protected] related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] related items from list.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete [email protected] related items from the programs list.
Delete [email protected] From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all [email protected] related programs.
Remove [email protected] Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all [email protected] related entries.
Remove [email protected] Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the [email protected] virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free [email protected] Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.