Analysis of FAIRWARE Ransomware
FAIRWARE Ransomware is member of ransomware family which is targeting Linux users. Developers of this threat hack a Linux server, delete the web folder and demand a ransom payment of two bitcoins to get their files back. From this attack, the hackers do not encrypt the files, they probably just upload it to a server under their control. After installation, when victims open their Linux servers, they found that the folder had been deleted and a ransom note that is named of READ_ME.txt left in the /root/ folder. The ransom note contains a link about ransom note on Pastebin. The ransom note also says, the victim send two bitcoins which is even to 1,151.33 USD to the bit-coin address 1DggzWksE2Y6DUX5GcNvHHCCDUGPde8WNL. The amount sent within two weeks to restore your files. The ransom note also provides information for how they can purchase Bitcoins and which type of information they should send to the attacker to restore their files once the payment has been made. You should not trust these type of message and never send any amount to hackers because its only a trap to cheat money.
Intrusion methods of FAIRWARE Ransomware
FAIRWARE Ransomware easily infect into PC via spam emails bearing malicious attachments. Hackers have reached a certain degree of mastery since differentiating a fraud from an official email became quite a challenge. Users have been attacked with fake emails like customs, telecommunications, transportations or tax institutions. If user open the malicious attachment FAIRWARE Ransomware easily get inside the PC. Other ways of intrusion are-
- Install or download any freeware software to unknown sites
- Visiting or clicking any unauthorized links.
- Watching adult movies and playing online games.
- Using infected media devise or outdated antivirus software.
- Using peer-to-peer file sharing networks.
How FAIRWARE Ransomware Is Endangers?
FAIRWARE Ransomware secretly infect your PC and start its malicious activities. It compromise your data and demand a huge amount for its decryption key. Those amount sent to [email protected] address within 2 weeks. Otherwise, you should loss your files permanently. FAIRWARE Ransomware can easily gather your all personal data like IP address, username, phone number, password, credit or debit card number and more. After getting these data, they sent to hackers for illegal purpose. When this ransomware stays a longer time in your PC, then it can transfer more other malicious threats to manipulate your PC. Your PC performance will become very slow as well as your Internet Speed. A ransom note always display on your screen to scared and forcing to paid ransom amount for restore files. Therefore, it is very important to get rid of FAIRWARE Ransomware from your PC as soon as possible.
How To avoid FAIRWARE Ransomware?
- You should always make a backup for all your data for future safety.
- Never open any junk or spam email attachments.
- Always install or download application form official sites.
- Change your password for regular intervals.
- Never visit or click any malicious links and
- Always use updated anti-virus software for updating your PC.
A Video Guide To Get Rid of FAIRWARE Ransomware
How To Remove FAIRWARE Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all FAIRWARE Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out FAIRWARE Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the FAIRWARE Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.