Does your files get encrypted by Fantom ransomware? Is it have some sort of weird file extension at the end of the filename ? Is this threat claims that it has encrypted with using extremely strong private key and demands for huge amount of ransom in favor to provide you the decryption key? Do you want to revert this condition, then you are on right track, just go with this post and get all your queries satisfied.
Fantom ransomware is a dangerous ransomware virus that can encrypts your files and folders with a .fantom extension. It can infect all your files including doc, .docx, .docm, .wps, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pdd, .pdf, .eps, .ai, .indd, .cdr, .dng, .mp3, .lnk, .jpg, .png, .jfif, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .exif, .txt. Apart from files it can also encrypt your words, excels, pictures and videos. Following successful encryption, Fantom ransomware changes victim's desktop wallpaper and creates a "DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.html" file, which is afterwards placed on victim's desktop, as well as in every folder that contains encrypted files. The message usually states that all your files and folders have been encrypted by using an strong encryption key i.e asymmetric encryption algorithm. Therefore, the files can only be decrypted with a private key, which is stored in remote servers controlled by cyber criminals. The displayed message also states that In order to receive a decryption key with an embedded private key victims must pay a ransom which usually costs from .5-1.5 Bitcoin (at this current moment one Bitcoin costs ~$574). In order to pay the ransom victims must contact Fantom's developers via provided email address. Victims are also allowed to attach two selected files, which will then be decrypted and sent back to the victims – this supposed to be a guarantee that the files can actually be decrypted. But it is actually a trick to cheat the user. So inspite of relying on these fake messages you should rather see for some effective measures to get rid of this issues.
Spam Email attachments are found to be the main mode responsible for Fantom ransomware infiltration. As soon as it enters will modify add a start up code to the registry editors and changes your default homepage settings and browser settings. It can hijack your web browser and redirects your searches to some suspicious locations. It can slows down your PC and Internet performance. The worst part is, Fantom ransomware steals your private data like bank account details, IP address, User ID, password etc for the cyber-criminals to invade your PC secretly. It can also open backdoor for the hacker to invade your PC and downloads more malware into it. It can consumes large part of your CPU and RAM by adding up more new icons and toolbars. It is thus very important to remove this threat to get back your PC access back.
How To Remove Fantom ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Fantom ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Fantom ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Fantom ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.