I am having difficulty in removing the ill-effects of FiddlerCore.dll completely from my PC. It had created lots of files and folders at different locations which is difficult to remove manually. I am fed up with the abnormal behavior of the my system and it responds extremely slow to my instructions. Even I tries several methods to remove the trojan but all goes in vein. If you have any idea about the removal process of FiddlerCore.dll then please help me otherwise it will make my system completely useless.
FiddlerCore.dll may looks like a DLL file but in reality, it is considered as Trojan infection which mostly invades in the Windows based system. It have ability to exploit the vulnerabilities of the system and doesn't allow the users to perform a single activity. FiddlerCore.dll is capable to change the DLL fies, registry entries, desktop background, DNS configurations, desktop background, privacy settings and many more. This threat posses worst impacts on the stored files or documents and corrupts them severely by adding suspicious codes. It also carries ability to disable the working of security programs such as antivirus as well as Windows Firewall. The wild level of the threat is medium and geographical distribution is high. Thus, if you detect any of the symptoms of FiddlerCore.dll in your system then remove it without making any delay.
Existence of FiddlerCore.dll can leads to high CPU utilizations and you may detect lots of fake processes in the task manager when all the programs were closed. This can affect the running speed of various functions of the system including Internet connection. Apart from this, it aims to help its creators for earning illegal profits by sharing your personal information related to bank accounts or sensitive passwords. This threat can make use of keylogger to record the users keystrokes. Additionally, it can allow the third party hackers to access your files by opening a backdoor in the PC. Hence, it is essential for the users to remove FiddlerCore.dll in the initial phase after detection before it start its malignant activities to make the PC completely useless.
Steps to Remove FiddlerCore.dll
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate FiddlerCore.dll
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by FiddlerCore.dll
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by FiddlerCore.dll and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by FiddlerCore.dll
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by FiddlerCore.dll and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to FiddlerCore.dll. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the FiddlerCore.dll related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by FiddlerCore.dll, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate FiddlerCore.dll Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the FiddlerCore.dll Running Processes.
- Right Click on FiddlerCore.dll and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove FiddlerCore.dll Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by FiddlerCore.dll and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete FiddlerCore.dll Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove FiddlerCore.dll, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!