What is FunOnlinePlay?
FunOnlinePlay is regarded as adware program which does not need the users permission to lure in the system. Generally, it comes attached with the free programs which you download from the unreliable sites. After entering in the PC, FunOnlinePlay will install bogus extensions in your browsers such as Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE etc. These extensions can mislead your online session to funonlineplay.com which allows the users to play online games and provides links to download their free version. You will detect wide ransge of games such as Puzzle, Adventerous, Arcade, Action etc. This site looks like a genuine and you will not be able to identify in the first look that it is fake. When you will proceed to play the games and click on its links then lots of new tabs will be open up in your browser. FunOnlinePlay is not safe, so you should try to remove it immediately from the system.
Technical Description Of FunOnlinePlay:-
- Name: FunOnlinePlay
- Type: Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program
- Distribution Method: Bundled with free softwares.
- Affected OS: Different versions of Windows
- Geographical Distribution: High
- Severe level: Low
Ill-Effects Of FunOnlinePlay In The PC:-
- Alters the default settings including homepage browser, Internet or privacy settings etc.
- Misleads the online session of the users.
- Generates floods of fake pop ups and advertisements on the screen.
- Disables security programs including antivirus and Windows Firewall.
- Tries to collect financial details of the users by tracking their online session.
- Does not allow the users to install new applications.
Presence of FunOnlinePlay can be annoying for the users in which normal working is almost impossible. You will be completely fed up with the fake alerts and notifications. In fact, it can generate error messages when you will try to visit the legitimate sites of your choice. Hence, if you don't want to face all the aforesaid problems with your PC then try to remove FunOnlinePlay in the early phase after detection.
Learn To Remove FunOnlinePlay Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete FunOnlinePlay Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of FunOnlinePlay Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to FunOnlinePlay related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from FunOnlinePlay On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing FunOnlinePlay from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.