What do you know about GetFreeGifs?
GetFreeGifs is a program developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. This web browser extension allows you to view and share gifs images, and replaces the default search engine with hp.myway.com. Nevertheless, this application has an official website and can also get inside your machine silently. It is one of the main reason why this toolbar is considered as a potentially undesired software. Once it gets inside your computer, it not only meddles with your Internet browser's settings, but also tracks your online browsing activities as well. It also allows the third parties to gather various information related to your and your device as well. Therefore, while having GetFreeGifs installed on your PC, you let unfamiliar third party companies know your browser-related information, visited web pages, browsing history, search queries, geo-location, IP address etc.
Besides, all the above-mentioned information gathered by third parties are mostly used for behavioral advertising. As a result, you can expect to see number of pop-ups and online advertisements that are not only annoying, but might be dangerous too. The threat cannot cause direct damage to the system. However, GetFreeGifs is not an actual virus, it is just a potentially unwanted application. Right after its successful infiltration, it replaces your current search provider with an unknown domain. At first glance, this toolbar might look reliable because its associated domain 'hp.myway.com' claims to be enhanced by Google. Most important, the security experts at RMV want to point out one important thing is that it is not the same as Google.
Reasons Why GetFreeGifs Should Not be Used?
Once you enter the search queries onto its provided search bar, you will be redirected to the search result page of MyWay. However, this search tool is considered as a suspicious browser hijacker threat woo too. Hence, you can find plenty of sponsored links in the search result page. Unfortunately, the redirect tendencies of GetFreeGifs are not safe for the PC users. Third party adverts and links may lead to the potentially malicious sites where you can easily be tricked into downloading and installing fake software or get involved in any kind of online scam. Therefore, looking for any kind of beneficial and important information might proved dangerous for you. In this kind of situation, you need to take immediate action for its complete removal from your infected computer.
Step:1 Remove GetFreeGifs or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for GetFreeGifs or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall GetFreeGifs or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove GetFreeGifs
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of GetFreeGifs from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall GetFreeGifs
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by GetFreeGifs will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of GetFreeGifs
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from GetFreeGifs in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against GetFreeGifs
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting GetFreeGifs while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and GetFreeGifs Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from GetFreeGifs
How to Block GetFreeGifs Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still GetFreeGifs exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about GetFreeGifs Removal