Detail Information About Heimdall Ransomware
Heimdall ransomware has been created by a Brazilian developer Lenon Leite in the PHP language that allows attackers to encrypts files. It is categorized as a harmful ransomware threat. The developer created the ransomware for educational purpose that targets Web servers. Additional, according to its author, it does not be used for illegal purposes, there is nothing stopping ill-intended users from modifying the open-source application and configuring it according to their needs. Heimdall ransomware hides in a 482-line PHP file. It infect into the targeted PC without your permission and uses a specific variant of Aes-128-CBS algorithm to encrypts all personal files and data. It also add a ‘Heimdall—‘ prefix to their encrypted contents. After successful encryption process, it generates a graphical image of the ransom note. It presents [email protected] address as a distinctive label. According to this ransom note, if you want to restore the files then, send 2 bit-coin within 2 days, otherwise lost your files permanently.
Distribution Channel Of Heimdall Ransomware
Most common ways of Heimdall ransomware is spam or junk email attachments. If any user open or execute any email attachments which is not familiar for them, then the ransomware easily invade the PC as start its harmful task. Some other distribution channel of Heimdall Ransomware–
- Download any freeware application from unknown sites.
- Downloading pirated softwares
- Watching adult movies and playing online games.
- Clicking suspicious images.
- Visiting malicious links
- Updating OS installed in the computer system on an irregular basis.
- Using outdated anti-virus software.
- Sharing data from peer-to-peer file sharing network.
Malicious Activies Of Heimdall Ransomware
Heimdall Ransomware is released by a coder named Lenon Leite it show his prowess in creating a PHP-script. It behaves as a ransomware and uses the AES-128-CBC cipher to lock server files in minutes. It is designed to target Web servers like another ransomware threat like the LeChiffre Ransomware and the AMBA Ransomware. It has ability to steal your all confidential data like credit card number, debit card number, PIN number, contact number, username, IP address and more. These data sent to hackers for illegal activities. When it stays for a longer time into the PC then it can easily install more other malicious threat into the PC. The ransomware also tries to open the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection on your computer by using default user name and password list. It utilizes this open channel to the purpose of access network shared resources and spread a copy of Heimdall files. So, it is very important to get rid of Heimdall Ransomware from the PC as soon as possible.
Prevention Tips About Heimdall Ransomware
- Always use updated anti-virus software programs to scan your computer.
- Never click any suspicious links.
- Your Internet security system set by using advance techniques.
- Scan external media devices before using them on your PC.
- Keep updating all your software and programs.
- You should always use precaution and be alert when you working online.
- Make a backup all files in future safety.
A: How To Remove Heimdall Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Heimdall Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Heimdall Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Heimdall Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Heimdall Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Heimdall Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Heimdall Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Heimdall Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Heimdall Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.