HighlightSearches is deemed as adware program which enters in the PC without the users consent. It places itself as an extension in all the web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. HighlightSearches pretends itself a legitimate site and claims to provide faster search results. It will tactics on you to use it as default homepage and when you will start surfing, it will flood the screen with several types of notifications, warning messages, promotional ads, pop ups which is extremely annoying. Even more, it also makes marketing of the affiliate programs of the third parties and convince the users to download their free version. So, you are advised to uninstall HighlightSearches immediately from the system.
The worst impacts of HighlightSearches are capable to download lots of additional programs which may result extremely dangerous for the PC efficiency. The processing speed will become just like snail in which you will not be able to work normally. In reality, you should that this program is created by the third parties whose only intention is to increase the sales leads of malicious programs. You may also find unwanted changes in the default settings and various installed programs will stop responding due to its ill-effects. Moreover, it also have capability to gain the sensitive details of the users and secretly bypass them to the third parties. Its long time existence can make the PC useless and affect your personal identity. Therefore, it is strongly suggested to remove HighlightSearches permanently in order to avoid further troubles.
Step:1 Remove HighlightSearches or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for HighlightSearches or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall HighlightSearches or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove HighlightSearches
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of HighlightSearches from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall HighlightSearches
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by HighlightSearches will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of HighlightSearches
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from HighlightSearches in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against HighlightSearches
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting HighlightSearches while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and HighlightSearches Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from HighlightSearches
How to Block HighlightSearches Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still HighlightSearches exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about HighlightSearches Removal