All About HugeMe Ransomware
HugeMe Ransomware is detected as the name of an old ransomware cryptovirus infection which has been notified including potential of encrypting files with around 470 distinct file extensions. This ransomware is identified as a variant from the HiddenTear/EDA2 project. According to researchers, it regarding implementation of encryption operation on the files stored on the system, makes usage of AES encryption algorithm. It meanwhile carrying out the encryption operation, appends .encrypted extension to the files being compromised. Later on following the successful encryption, ransom note is dropped namely either DECRYPT_ReadMe.txt or DECRYPT.txt.
The aforementioned ransom notes generated by HugeMe Ransomware also includes the same information that is contained by the notes generated from other ransomware infections i.e., files have been encrypted and the only expensive possibility to retrieve/rescue the files. In the case of this ransomware infections, victims are asked to pay ransom amount of 1 Bitcoin within 5 days to the provided Bitcoin wallet address. Aside from this, victims are also enticed to send an email to any one of the below mentioned email addresses :
Now, after establishing contact with the cyber crooks, victims need to wait until the crooks send the promised decryption key and required program. However, HugeMe Ransomware is yet undecryptable, thus it is strongly recommended to not make any sort of payment since the chances are high that after the completion of the transaction, victims will not be provided with an email along with necessary tools. Instead it is kindly advised to just focus on the permanent removal of infection from the PC.
Invasion of HugeMe Ransomware
- HugeMe Ransomware usually proliferates itself via freeware programs and spam email campaigns.
- Aside from that, often penetrates via infectious external USB drives and corrupted hardwares.
- Playing online games and sharing files in networking environment is also a crucial reason liable behind the successful invasion of aforementioned infection inside the PC.
How HugeMe Ransomware Endangers The PC ?
- HugeMe Ransomware encrypts the files stored in the system and demand ransom in exchange of those files.
- Alters the system's default settings and gathers the user's personal stuff for bad purpose.
- Deactivates the existing antivirus programs and installs numerous other disastrous spyware inside the PC.
- Slows down the system's speed badly and sometimes causes system crashes also.
Therefore, to liberate the PC as well as the files stored in it from all such sort of unpleasant consequences, an urgent elimination of HugeMe Ransomware is needed.
How To Remove HugeMe Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End HugeMe Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the HugeMe Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall HugeMe Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all HugeMe Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall HugeMe Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete HugeMe Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete HugeMe Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all HugeMe Ransomware related programs.
Remove HugeMe Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all HugeMe Ransomware related entries.
Remove HugeMe Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the HugeMe Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free HugeMe Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.