Complete Information on MegaBackup
MegaBackup is considered as a rogue program which claims to provide a data back-up facility. Initially, the functionality of this software may appear useful and legitimate, but, this application infiltrates the PC without users consent. Therefore, it is reported as a potentially unwanted program. Although, it is a legit program, however, most of potentially unwanted programs monitor the Internet browsing activities of the users by recording their IP addresses, pages viewed, URLs visited, queries entered into search tool, and other similar information.
Besides, this information might contain the private details that the MegaBackup or an adware developers share with the cooperating third party companies who misuse the personal and sensitive information of the system users in order to generate revenue. Thus, the presence of an information-tracking software on your PC can lead to the serious privacy related issues or even identity theft. In addition, the undesired programs generate intrusive online ads that conceal the underlying site content and might also lead to the dubious websites. Hence, clicking them is quite risky and can result in various system infections. Therefore, MegaBackup should be uninstalled immediately from an infected machine.
There are plenty of rogue applications that are similar to MegaBackup mainly due to the distribution tactics that the adware programs used. DiskPower, BestCleaner and MaxPerforma are just some examples from many. Note that all annoying applications offer the so-called ‘useful features’, however, these promised and claims are merely attempts to trick the machine users in order to install the rogue programs. Unwanted software like MegaBackup is designed only to generate the revenue for their creators and provide no significant value for the regular system users. They gather personally identifiable data, deliver intrusive advertisements, and cause unwanted browser redirections.
Distribution Techniques Used by MegaBackup
Furthermore, MegaBackup has an official download site, but, many computer users install this program inadvertently, without their knowledge. This is due to the deceptive application marketing techniques used by the cyber crooks called “bundling” which stealth the installation of rogue applications with regular often free programs. All bundled apps are hidden within “Custom” or the “Advanced” settings of download or installation processes. The PC users often rush this section and skip most of the steps, often leading to inadvertent intrusion of rogue softwares.
How to avoid installation of MegaBackup app?
There are two easy steps that you should take to prevent the invasion of MegaBackup. First of all, never rush while downloading and installing any software. Closely analyze each and every steps of the installation processes by using “Custom” or the “Advanced” settings. Secondly, decline all the offers which leads the download of third party programs and cancel all those that are already included. Bundled softwares are often rogue in nature and, thus, you should never be installed. The main key to system safety is caution.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Delete MegaBackup Easily
How to Uninstall MegaBackup from Compromised System
Step:1 First of all, Reboot your PC in Safe Mode to make it safe from MegaBackup
(this Guide illustrates how to restart Windows in Safe Mode in all versions.)
Step:2 Now you need to View all Hidden Files and Folders that exist on different drives
- Press Start Key + R together and Type appwiz.cpl
- Now Press on OK
- This will Open the Control Panel. Now look for MegaBackup or any other Suspicious program
- once found, Uninstall MegaBackup ASAP
- To Go to Startup Area, Click on Start Key + R
- Type msconfig in the search area and click on Enter. A window will pop-out
- In the Startup area, look for any suspicious MegaBackup entries or that are from Unknown Manufacturers
- (This is an important step and users are advised to monitor all items carefully over here before proceeding further.)
- Click on Start Key + R in Combination. Copy and Paste to Open hosts File
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Soon, you will get a list of suspicious IP’s in the bottom of the screen
- this is quite helpful in knowing if your browser has been hacked
Open IE and Click on Tools. Now Select Manage add-ons
In the pane, under Toolbars and Extensions, Choose the MegaBackup extensions which is to be deleted
- Now Click on Remove or Disable Option.
- Press Tool button and Select Internet Option
- This will lead you to the Tab, now Select Privacy Tab, Turn on Pop-up blocker by clicking on it.
- Google Chrome is to be Opened
- Now Click on menu present at the top right corner
- Choose Tools >> Extensions
- Select MegaBackup related Extensions and now Click on Trash icon to remove MegaBackup
- Under Advanced Settings Option, Enable Do not allow any Site to Show pop-ups. Click on Ok to apply it.
- Select and Open Mozilla FF, Select MegaBackup or other Add-ons by clicking on Menu button
- In the Add-ons Manager, Select the extension related to MegaBackup.
- Now Click on Remove to delete MegaBackup permanently
- Also Select and Check mark “Block Pop-up Windows” under po-ups in the Content Tab
- First of all Open MS Edge and Click on “More actions(…)” link
- Now Select and Click on Settings In Menu under “More Actions”
- Under Settings, screen click on View Advanced Settings button
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Block pop-ups by toggling button to ON
Following the above Manual Steps will be effective in blocking MegaBackup. However, if you are unable to accomplish these steps, click the button given below to scan your PC
Don’t forget to given your feedback or submit any question if you have any doubt regarding MegaBackup or its removal process