I have found mpc cleaner in my system. When i boot my system, it start to perform scanning process in the PC. I looks like an antivirus program but i haven’t installed it. This program generates poor report of the system and says that lots of harmful threats are available which is not safe for the PC performance. It asks me to buy its paid version copy. I have not heard the name of mpc cleaner earlier. Is it a genuine program? Will it really help me to boost the system performance? Please help me.
mpc cleaner is deemed as potentially unwanted program which has been detected by several users in their Windows PC. It looks like an antivirus program from the interface. Usually, it comes attached with the free softwares and carries ability to install itself. mpc cleaner can automatically execute when you will start the system. It is known for performing scanning process in the background and generates extremely poor report. It tries to frighten the users by saying that lots of harmful threats are available in the system which needs to be removed immediately otherwise it will harm the system. If you are thinking to trust the alerts displayed by mpc cleaner then wait a minute.
mpc cleaner says that it is a free version which can only detect the presence of threats. It will ask you to purchase its paid version. In fact, it will also mislead your surfing session to its homepage and provides links to buy the software. You need to aware that it is only a trick used by the third party hackers to promote their affiliate programs. They get commission on every sale from such links. Even more, it can secretly keep its eyes on your online session and records the financial details when you will proceed for making online payments. The worst part is that the paid version will also not able to remove the threat. It can introduce more malignant stuffs in the system instead of providing protection. Hence, do not ignore mpc cleaner for long time in the system.
Learn To Remove mpc cleaner Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete mpc cleaner Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of mpc cleaner Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to mpc cleaner related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from mpc cleaner On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing mpc cleaner from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.