Latest Research Report on My Net Speed
My Net Speed is an excellent example of an adware program that can be downloaded from its official website which suggests checking the Internet speed of your computer. Once it gets inside the machine, it modifies default homepage, search engine and new tab page settings without your authorization. At first glance, the search engine associated with this PUP looks trustworthy, but unfortunately that's not the case. Whenever you enter any search term and click on magnifying glass icon, it provides altered search results. Clicking on its displayed search results can lead you to unfamiliar websites from where you system may get infected with other sorts of annoying viruses. Hence, it is important for you to remove My Net Speed from your PC as soon as possible.
How Does My Net Speed Affect Your Browsers?
Moreover, you might also notice that advertisements presented in between the regular search results seem more interesting or even related to the content that you have recently searched online. After getting installed onto the system successfully, My Net Speed supplements target web browsers with tracking cookies and then starts snooping for personally non-identifiable information. These data usually reveals your online interests, like search queries, browsing history, geo-location, IP address, downloads and similar other data. Later on, the threat sums up captured data and analyzes it to find what content would be attracting or interesting for you.
After that, it starts displaying adverts from various advertising networks into the search results and also attached them in a banner, pop-up and other forms of annoying ads. In case, if you click on My Net Speed ads, the creators of this adware gets paid. What is even worse, no one ensures your safety and security while you surf the Internet using its associated website,. So, always keep in mind that you can accidentally end up on a phishing website and also agree to install an harmful Java update or other rogue apps that will affect your machine with useless and disturbing components. As a result, the infected computer might start to function extremely slowly, lag and perform poorly. Furthermore, it goes without saying that My Net Speed removal can fix these issues, but you need to hurry up, because it is never safe to keep adware programs on the system.
Learn To Remove My Net Speed Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete My Net Speed Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of My Net Speed Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to My Net Speed related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from My Net Speed On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing My Net Speed from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.