PaySafeGen Ransomware – What Is It ?
Belonging to the file encryption malware family, PaySafeGen Ransomware has been identified as a severe infection for the PC that do includes potential of ruining it badly on the entire basis. This infection is habituated of lurking secretly inside the user's PC without the user's consent. The creator of this hazardous program present it as a hacking tool on the compromised PC's screen designed to supposedly generate genuine PaySafeCard codes free of charge. Nevertheless on the contradiction to whatever it claims, as a matter of fact it is a vicious threat for the PC that has been especially crafted by online crooks for the sole purpose of earning more and more illegal profit from novice PC users.
PaySafeGen Ransomware once loaded, acquires complete control over the PC and then performs deep scanning of it to find files compatible to it's corruption. Further then on finding such sort of files, encrypts them and makes them totally inaccessible to the users. This infection meanwhile performing the encryption operation, appends the “.cry” extension to their name. Now following the successful encryption, it brings modification in the desktop and generates a pop-up windows. The created Window includes a ransom-demand message informing users that their files have been encrypted via utilizing AES-256 cryptography and thus a ransom payment of €72 is required for accessing the unique key (i.e., the only solution to the decryption of the encrypted files). Moreover it is also stated that payment needs to get done within 72 hours, otherwise all the encoded files will get deleted for forever. Although such scary messages appears authentic but it is strongly suggested not to make the asked payment by trusting the appeared text as researches have very clearly proven that cyber criminals do includes tendency of ignoring victims after getting payment, instead of providing them with the promised unique key.
Ransom-demand message (displayed in the desktop wallpaper):
How PaySafeGen Ransomware Proliferates Inside PC ?
- Accessing spam emails and downloading it's vicious attachment.
- Peer to peer file sharing and playing online games
- Loading freeware and shareware softwares from several suspicious domain
- Using infectious USB drives to transfer data from one PC to another.
Malicious Consequences Of PaySafeGen Ransomware
- It changes the system's default settings and registry settings.
- It steals the user's private stuff and transfer it to the cyber criminals for evil purpose.
- PaySafeGen Ransomware downloads numerous other malicious infections in the PC.
- It diminishes the PC's speed badly and often leads to system crashes also.
- It stops the users from accessing several authentic websites and bombard their device's screen with endless fake scary messages.
Therefore, to keep the PC's files as well as the PC itself away from such sort of disastrous issues, an urgent elimination of PaySafeGen Ransomware is needed.
Remove PaySafeGen Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove PaySafeGen Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove PaySafeGen Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To PaySafeGen Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find PaySafeGen Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove PaySafeGen Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove PaySafeGen Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the PaySafeGen Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the PaySafeGen Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.