PUP.Optional.TrailerTime is yet another potentially unwanted program which sneaks into targeted online computers without consent of user. As it is potentially unwanted and harmful too, so it should be removed. The program utilize several gimmicks to get into online computers like pretending a legit and useful program to enhabce web browsing experience of users. It makes fake claims to provide free coupons, discounts offers, best deal offers and various other online shopping offers that may entice online users. Due to these fake claims some innocent online user find it useful to have on their computer. Whereas it also employ stealthy installation methods software bundling and email spoofing to invade online computers. The PUP contains malicious codes and damage your computer system by harmful activities. It creates security breaches and support infiltration of other malware and viruses. An user should take immediate steps to uninstall PUP.Optional.TrailerTime from the computer because it can bring hazardous consequences in near future.
Generally PUP.Optional.TrailerTime enters on targeted computers without any information or approval of user by employing stealthy methods of installation. To implant the infection authors of this program utilizes all possible Internet sources such as email spoofing, bundling of software, display links on sponsored websites or online advertising. So whenever any Internet user carelessly download free software package without additional programs or open Spam emails from unknown publisher or click unknown links then the adware program PUP.Optional.TrailerTime easily sneaks into their computer and install itself without any manual interference. After infiltration the adware program take over web browser and make several changes to system settings. While surfing Internet the adware program display various type of online adverts to get a click on links attached with pop-ups, banners, coupons, audio/video ads, etc. It redirect web browsers to malicious websites and allow other malware to get inside your computer. Experts suggests, not to use debit/credit card details, online banking, online shopping and sharing personal identifiable during the infection because the malicious program tends to steal these information and export to cyber criminals. To avoid these situations you are advised to get rid of PUP.Optional.TrailerTime program instantly.
Learn To Remove PUP.Optional.TrailerTime Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.Optional.TrailerTime Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.Optional.TrailerTime Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.Optional.TrailerTime related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.Optional.TrailerTime On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.Optional.TrailerTime from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.