If you start seeing RevContent Ads on your browser then it is confirm that your browser has got compromised with some kind of adware program. Having such application on PC for very long time is not safe. Thus suggested to remove it immediately from your PC.
RevContent Ads is adware program which design with intention to traverse settings of all used browser. It not matter what browser you are using at the time like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or the Mozilla Firefox. Once used to make of changes intended to only show deals and promotions and one click on it redirect to bizarre sites. RevContent Ads is use to change of your browser settings and bring erroneous problems. It keeps its code for long time on browser in form of extension, plugs so can monetize the browsing activity.
RevContent Ads take help of free application which are promoted via some websites that is to update your Adobe Reader or Flash Player. It is able to change the settings like your home page, new tab etc without the user permission. Furthermore keep showing ads which offers additional offers with items which you have recently browse. Main intention to develop such threat so trick you click on promotional advertisement which further help to generate the income. Moreover your browsing completely get stuck. In order to get rid form such problem suggested to look for solution to remove RevContent Ads immediately.
Step:1 Remove RevContent Ads or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for RevContent Ads or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall RevContent Ads or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove RevContent Ads
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of RevContent Ads from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall RevContent Ads
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by RevContent Ads will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of RevContent Ads
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from RevContent Ads in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against RevContent Ads
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting RevContent Ads while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and RevContent Ads Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from RevContent Ads
How to Block RevContent Ads Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still RevContent Ads exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about RevContent Ads Removal