Scorpio Ransomware – Depth Inspection Report
Another ransomware is found in the loose using the name Scorpio Ransomware which is an improved variant of Scarab Ransomware. It was first spotted in the cyber space on June 13th, 2017 and the updated version was released in July 2017. During inspection, we found that ransom is using AES-256 cipher for encoding certain types of files and generating a pair of keys – decryption and public. Both keys are also enciphered with RSA-2048 cryptographic cipher to prevent AV vendors from releasing a free decryptor for the victims. Unfortunately. The decryption password is only stored to C2 server via a unsecured remote connection. Following encryption, your files will feature '.[Help-Mails@Ya.Ru].Scorpio' suffix and you will be unable to open or modify them. More worse, none of your Windows applications will be compatible with the enciphered files. Taking full advantage of this, Scorpio Ransomware developers demand ransom. Unlike other ransomware, its ransom amount depends on how fast you write to them via email@example.com. To gain your trust, threat actors provide guarantee for decoding your files.
However, you should not trust them. Since they only decrypt non archived files containing no valuable information and the total size of the files should lesser than 5MB. Moreover, its developers suggest you to purchase BTC from local bitcoin site – coindesk[.]com. They also warn victim for renaming encrypted files or using third party decryptor for decoding files. Unluckily, till the time of writing security analysts didn't succeed to release master decryption key against Scorpio Ransomware. However, you should worry cause using System restore images or professional data recovery you can gain access to a whole lot of files. Though, you should avoid paying off ransom and if you find any files related to th ransomware you must delete it immediately. AV vendors have given it following names:
- Win32:Scarab-A [Trj]
- Trojan ( 004f6e981 )
Secure PC to Avoid Scorpio Ransomware Infection
We highly recommend you to use legitimate and licensed version of Antimalware program to secure your computer. You should should keep your PC firewall turned on always. Sometimes, while installing pirated copy of games and software downloaded from Torrent or other free file hosting site might request you to disable your Antimalware first to proceed installation. Remember, you should not install those type of programs onto your system at any cost. They always bring malware like Scorpio Ransomware onto your computer without your awareness. Finally, you should utilize given guideline to delete Scorpio Ransomware and recover enciphered files:
How To Remove Scorpio Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Scorpio Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Scorpio Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Scorpio Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.