Surf Speed Monitor is identified as adware or potentially unwanted program claims to enhance the browsing experience of the users. It convince the users to install its free app which is compatible with all the web browsers which includes Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. Surf Speed Monitor seems like legitimate in the first look but it will result extremely dangerous for your personal identity. During your web session, it will fill the screen by showing various types of fake alerts and notifications which is extremely annoying while working. It also makes promotion of the affiliate programs of the third parties and tactics on users to install its free version. So, it is essential for the users to uninstall Surf Speed Monitor quickly after detection.
Surf Speed Monitor will not allow you to surf normally on the web and always misguides them to malignant pages. Without your permission, it can install lots of additional programs in the system and damage the internal files. It is also possible that you may detect automatic changes in the default settings of the PC. Whats more, you will find that most of the pre-installed programs had stopped responding and becomes inaccessible due to the presence of adware. The processing speed of all the basic functions such as start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing applications will degrade gradually. It is also possible that it will interrupt you at the time of installing new applications. So, remove Surf Speed Monitor without wasting a single moment.
Learn To Remove Surf Speed Monitor Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Surf Speed Monitor Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Surf Speed Monitor Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Surf Speed Monitor related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Surf Speed Monitor On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Surf Speed Monitor from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.