Does Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx has gained control of your PC? Are you unable to perform any activity on the system? Have you detected changes in the extension of all the file names? Does the running speed of your PC is becoming extremely sluggish? Do not panic, if you are facing all these problems in your system. This tutorial will provide detailed information about Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx and the easiest method to get rid of it immediately. So, follow the given instructions carefully.
Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx is a ransom trojan which is known for encrypting the files of the compromised PC. It uses strong algorithms to encrypt the files which you will not be able to access manually. Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx gets installed in the system when you click on infected links, visit malicious sites, open spam email attachments etc. It will show warning alerts that you need to purchase decryption key which is available on a hidden server. You will find alerts saying that it does not provide free service and you need to send some amount of money to get the key. It will also provide a time limit and asks the users to send money within the given time otherwise it can delete the key and you will not be able to restore your files. All the alerts displayed by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx are completely fake which should not be trusted by the users.
In reality, Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx is a scam of the third parties to earn illegal profits. Its presence is not safe for your personal identity. When you will proceed for making payments from its links then hackers will secretly record your keystrokes such as bank account number, credit card information, login Id etc. This threat can make you suffer from identity theft situations if exists for long time. You will not be able to perform single activity on the system and the running speed will also become extremely sluggish. It is also responsible for modifications in the registry entries, disable of installed programs, unwanted changes in the system settings and many more. Thus, you need to remove Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx immediately if it is available in your PC.
Steps to Remove Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan-ransom.win32.cryptxxx, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!