UnblockUPC Ransomware Description
âUnblockUPC Ransomware is a threatening infection for the PC that similar to those of various other ransomware programs obtains secret infiltration inside the PC and then later on following that encrypts the files stored in the system's hard drive via utilizing AES-128 cryptography. Now though it's numerous properties resembles to those of other ransomware program, but still unlike them it while encrypting the targeted files do not modifies their names or append any sort of extension to them. This threat after the completion of the encryption procedure, generates a ransom-demanding message containing a text file in each folder containing encrypted files and modifies the desktop wallpaper.
The text file generated by UnblockUPC Ransomware generally contains message information users that exactly what had happened to their files. It very clearly states that the victims have been supposedly downloaded malicious or illegal files from the Internet and thus their files have been encrypted. Furthermore, provide them with the suggestion that in order to access the files again or to decrypt them, they need to visit the provided websites. Now unlike to that of the text file, the website includes much more information regarding the decryption. It states that users need to download a decryption tool via making payment of the certain asked amount of ransom money. Together with this , the website also encourages users regarding quick or urgent payment via providing them with a date indicating time until they shutdown.
Causes Reasonable For The Penetration Of UnblockUPC Ransomware Inside PC
The developer of UnblockUPC Ransomware implements number of shady tactics to intrude this malicious threat inside the PC. Most usually they bundle this threat with several freeware programs and get install in the PC at the time when those programs get downloaded and installed without paying required amount of attention. Thus to prevent this scenarios from being taken place in the PC it is suggested to always make selection of the 'Advance' or 'Custom' installation mode while installing any program since they enables the users to ensure that the program they wish to install, will not compromise the PC with any kind of malware infection.
Vicious Traits Of UnblockUPC Ransomware in PC
UnblockUPC Ransomware changes the default system settings and disables the security program installed in the PC. It downloads various other spyware infections in the PC which automatically executes themselves at the system's background. Such program occupies lots of system space that ultimately deteriorates the PC's speed badly. Moreover this ransomware program steals the user's private information and transfer it to the online hackers for marketing purpose. Hence, for making appropriate usage of PC, it is very necessary to remove UnblockUPC Ransomware quickly from the PC.
A: How To Remove UnblockUPC Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill UnblockUPC Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the UnblockUPC Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall UnblockUPC Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all UnblockUPC Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore UnblockUPC Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing UnblockUPC Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing UnblockUPC Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by UnblockUPC Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.