My PC is infected with VBS.Runauto.D, it is some kind of threat and due to its presence my PC starts behaving weirdly. Then, I ran my anti-virus to detect and delete VBS.Runauto.D. But, I don't know what has happened? I found my anti-virus suddenly stops responding and got stuck in one place. I have no idea what to do. I am really very worried. Please, can anyone here suggest me some useful idea so that I can delete VBS.Runauto.D and fix other issue that occurred due to the threat.
VBS.Runauto.D is a highly dangerous Trojan virus that poorly damage your Windows PC. Its presence give rise to bunch of trouble on the infected PC and creates mess inside your system. However, it silently run in the system background and perform evil activities in your PC. It create multiple copies of itself and embed it into the root of your system, network drives and directories. What more, it randomly delete certain files and folders of your PC without your knowledge. The Trojan virus corrupt or damage the registry entries and include itself at start-up page so that it can run automatically each time you start your PC. Well, as-like other Trojan infection VBS.Runauto.D Trojan comes along with freeware downloads, spam email attachments, visiting unsafe websites or clicking on malicious links. So, PC users should be very careful while online surfing as one single mistake leads to presence of VBS.Runauto.D in your Windows PC.
Besides this, VBS.Runauto.D Ttrojan opens backdoor and help the hackers to gain control over your PC. It connect your PC with remote server and gather essential data without your knowledge. It download and install malware, spyware or other threats and compromise the security of your Windows system. It also drop its malicious codes into the legit system files so as to remain undetected for longer time. Due to presence of VBS.Runauto.D, you will notice your system behaves weirdly, freezes, system automatically restart or shut down and sometimes it leads to system crash issues. Thus, it is important to remove VBS.Runauto.D Trojan before it severely damages your PC.
Steps to Remove VBS.Runauto.D
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate VBS.Runauto.D
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by VBS.Runauto.D
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by VBS.Runauto.D and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by VBS.Runauto.D
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by VBS.Runauto.D and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to VBS.Runauto.D. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the VBS.Runauto.D related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by VBS.Runauto.D, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate VBS.Runauto.D Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the VBS.Runauto.D Running Processes.
- Right Click on VBS.Runauto.D and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove VBS.Runauto.D Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by VBS.Runauto.D and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete VBS.Runauto.D Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove VBS.Runauto.D, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!