I have accidentally installed Virus:Win64/Viknok.A in my PC while downloading the updates of my software. At time, I didn't have idea that the site is unsafe and it can affect my system severely. Even I tried to remove the threat but still it is available in my system. I am detecting several changes in the system settings in which normal working is a hectic task. Even I am unable to play games and sometimes system reboot itself. If you have any idea about the removal process of Virus:Win64/Viknok.A then please guide me.
Virus:Win64/Viknok.A is considered as vicious infection which comes under the category of Trojan. It is a component of Win64/Viknok family which has created havoc amongst the users of Windows based system. Virus:Win64/Viknok.A does not require the administrator permission to invade in the system and carries ability to install itself internally. Initially, it conducts changes in the privacy settings and tries to gain the full control of the compromised system. The running speed of the system will become extremely sluggish in which you will not be able to open a single file on time. Most of the installed programs such as antivirus, Windows Firewall, media player, MS Office etc will stop responding and generate error message of accessing them. In fact, Virus:Win64/Viknok.A will also show error message when you will attempt to install updated programs.
Existence of Virus:Win64/Viknok.A can increase the CPU utilizations and you will find lots of running processes in the task manager. It can also infect the dll files and registry entries with the malicious payloads. You may also find lots of unwanted icons, files and folders at different location of the system which is created by the threat. Apart from this, it posses worst impacts on the personal identity of the users. It carries ability to collect the financial details of the users by tracking their online session and bypass them to the remote location servers. Additionally, it also allows them for unauthorized access of your personal files. So, what are you looking for, if you have detected the symptoms of Virus:Win64/Viknok.A then remove it as early as possible.
Steps to Remove Virus:Win64/Viknok.A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Virus:Win64/Viknok.A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Virus:Win64/Viknok.A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Virus:Win64/Viknok.A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Virus:Win64/Viknok.A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Virus:Win64/Viknok.A Running Processes.
- Right Click on Virus:Win64/Viknok.A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Virus:Win64/Viknok.A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Virus:Win64/Viknok.A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Virus:Win64/Viknok.A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Virus:Win64/Viknok.A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!