VPNTop CPU Miner : You should know about this CPU Miner
VPNTop is a noxious site which states that it provides VPN services like "Best VPN for UAE Dubai, Best VPN for China". Then it always poping up on your system to take a free trail or purchase a subscription. If you join a free trail period then the current download link offered by the website will installed a Cryptocoin miner on your system. This miner uses whole of system CPU's processing power capability to mine digital Cryptocurrency. The miner of digital Cryptocurrency that is installed called "Webshock.exe" and it is started using scheduled tasks when you log in to your computer. Once after successful intrusion into your PC then it automatically connected to the dedicated servers of the miners and start mining coins. The mining process will high uses CPU power of the system. What is the danger about the infection is it uses the entire CPU processing power at very high. This causes CPU to run at very hot temperature for a longer period of time, which could demolish of your CPU.
Noticeable Symptoms of VPNTop CPU Miner
As there is not any major indication that the program is running in the system so there is a list given below that contains the symptoms of the malware if you got infected by the VPNTop CPU Miner
- You might see the unknown running processes called Websock.exe and with the detailed explanation of CPU utility running in TaskManager that uses a very high CPU use.
- You may see a process known as Service.exe and with a explanation of taskxmr running in TaskManager.
- Shadowsocks uninstall entry into the uninstall programs control panel.
- You may notice the slow and steady minimize and maximize of your Windows.
- System Programs or software does not open quickly.
- Sudden slow down and ofter system crash.
How did VPNTop CPU Miner ended on my computer?
This VPNTop CPU Miner program distributed by the malware developers into bundles of software that you might install on your system without checking their installation list. Therefore it is important to use updated antivirus and system software to free from infections attacks. As you see this miner program may steal your CPU resources and privacy. So be careful before new installation.
Hence you need to follow the below given instructions to remove VPNTop CPU Miner from your system permanently and save your system from severe damages.
Step:1 Remove VPNTop CPU Miner or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for VPNTop CPU Miner or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall VPNTop CPU Miner or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove VPNTop CPU Miner
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of VPNTop CPU Miner from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall VPNTop CPU Miner
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by VPNTop CPU Miner will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of VPNTop CPU Miner
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from VPNTop CPU Miner in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against VPNTop CPU Miner
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting VPNTop CPU Miner while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and VPNTop CPU Miner Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from VPNTop CPU Miner
How to Block VPNTop CPU Miner Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still VPNTop CPU Miner exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about VPNTop CPU Miner Removal