VSnapshotTool : Depth Analysis
VSnapshotTool is a dubious system program which is also infamous as VScreenshotTool. This program developed by ShenZhen Xintong Technology Co. Ltd., which is designed for avid PC players who want to capture images of their best moments. The VSnapshotTool software from ShenZhen Xintong Technology Co. Ltd is classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). The VSnapshotTool application is a publicly-funded program for Windows, which can display pop-ups via rtp.vscreenshot.com and redirect users to advertisements. System security researchers find that the VSnapshotTool application can cause browser redirects, and welcome users to install the evaluation software. This PUP tool may not be superior to the native tool on Windows, which is the snipping tool. Both applications seem to offer nearly identical functionality, but the VSnapshotTool interface is more enjoyable.
What are the ways of penetration used by VSnapshotTool?
Most of the time this kind of PUPs like VSnapshotTool sneaks into your system by following various infection distribution methods. Generally this may engage itself into the bundles of third party free programs such as freeware or shareware might can be easily download from Internet. As most of the users are always in hurry and skip the Custom install options and use Express to install new programs. Due to this reason the malware developers are able to install suspicious programs along with the installers of free programs because most of them do not show their installation list. So you should always use "Custom or Advanced" screen to save your system from unwanted installations.
Consequences related with VSnapshotTool
However, this PUP may use your credentials like your surfing history to generate ads according to your preferences. It also runs various unknown and malicious tasks into system background that takes a lot of system resources and causes system slow and severe system performance. This can make important changes into the browsers settings to replace their default set home page and search engine to make redirections on malware sites to drop more other malware or virus infections. It also alters system settings to make changes into your registry editor to freely do their vicious kinds of works that makes system more vulnerable.
Hence its better for your system to remove VSnapshotTool from it as soon as possible by using a trusted anti-malware on it.
Learn To Remove VSnapshotTool Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete VSnapshotTool Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of VSnapshotTool Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to VSnapshotTool related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from VSnapshotTool On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing VSnapshotTool from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.