Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN is a precarious Trojan Horse which can silently infiltrates in your Windows PC without any consent. It has been promoted by the cyber crooks with the deadly intention to create remote access on victimized system and steal confidential information such as login details, browsing history, bank account number, credit and debit card passwords, data files, business info, IP address etc. for its own purpose. This particular Trojan virus can deploy several mischievous methods to invades in your computer such as software bundling, social engineering, email scooping, untrusted website visit, clicking unknown links, peer to peer network sharing, using infected media, shareware etc. Well, once Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN virus manages to execute in your computer system then you are likely to witness some serious destruction in your PC.
Being a vicious Trojan virus, Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN can skip all the security measures in your system. It makes several modification in your system settings such as change registry keys, alter DNS settings, disable firewall and many more. It silently runs several mischievous task in your system background without users awareness. It utlizes maximum system resources which decreases your system response significantly. Moreover, it also generate bulk of junk data and occupies entire free storage space on hard drive. Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN is even capable to makes your system completely useless in just no time whatsoever.
As soon as Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN, downloaded in compromised PC, it starts the destruction right away. Due to this very hazardous threat users will experience severe issue in their system including hard drive failure, file system corruption, application malfunctioning, boot issues, runtime errors, system crash, data inaccessibility and many more. In addition, it create a backdoor in your system and allows other malicious application and virus threats to infect and damage your computer quite easily. Therefore, it would be really very sensible to get rid of Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN virus as soon as possible from your Windows computer system and avoid further damage.
Steps to Remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN Running Processes.
- Right Click on Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.AN, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!