Depth Information About Window Quick Manager
Window Quick Manager has been kept under the category of potentially unwanted program that do get installed inside the PC via freeware softwares downloaded randomly from the Internet. It once loaded, configure itself in such a manner that every time whenever users login to Windows, it automatically get started. On being executed, it run itself in the background and without seeking the user's permission connects to numerous sites on the Internet. This continuously downloading of web pages makes usage of enormous amount of bandwidth and CPU processing power, which further results in system degradation on huge extent.
Window Quick Manager is owned by a web site namely rangesoft.org. This website do not list this program as a product. Instead of that it is promoted as a Online Ad Scanner which is basically a program crafted with the primary objective of automatically searching for and accommodating traffic statistics for several advertising sites in the user's area. Like several other adware program, this threat do not create any sort of Start Menu or Desktop icons. Because of this cause, one can only detect it's presence inside the PC in a case if found listed in the Uninstall Programs control or find the winrange.exe process.
Tricks Implemented By Window Quick Manager To Invade Inside PC
Window Quick Manager mostly perforate inside the PC together with several other freeware programs which do not adequately disclose that they are having some other softwares that would get installed along with it. Installation of such programs results in the invasion of adware program like this in the PC. To avoid this, it is advised to express close attention towards the license agreements and installation screens while installing anything from the Internet. Along with this, in a case if any installation screen provides options of Custom or Advanced installation, then it is suggested to opt for such options since they do have tendency of typically disclosing about the other softwares that would get installed.
Harmful Practices Implemented By Window Quick Manager In PC
Window Quick Manager changes the preset browser's settings and reroutes the user's searches to several malicious domain. Along with this sniff the user's confidential information and send it to the online hackers for marketing purpose. This infection downloads several other unwanted programs in the PC. Thus, obviously in order to have a smooth computing experience, it is very essential to uninstall Window Quick Manager quickly from the PC.
Learn To Remove Window Quick Manager Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Window Quick Manager Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Window Quick Manager Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Window Quick Manager related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Window Quick Manager On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Window Quick Manager from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.