Win32:SupTap-O is a very dangerous Trojan which can completely ruin your computer system and exposes your privecy over internet. The are several possible ways to infect your computer by this malicious infection. One of which is downloading of freeware or shareware from untrusted download portals. Acctually Win32:SupTap-O comes bundled with certain freeware or free of cost updates. It may also find vulnerabilities and use them to target any computer. Such as if you have outdated software application or anti virus then it prompt you for free online update or offer you to a free scan for virus and if you allow it to do so you open doors to enter Trojan infection on your computer.
Win32:SupTap-O can also propagate to your computer by using infected external media and sharing files on unsafe network. Come what may, If your computer is once infected with this extremely harmful Trojan the you can suffer with inordinate complications on your computer. It slows down your computer and badly affect all around performance. It exploits all the vulnerabilities on your computer by its background activities, as a result many contagious malware get success to enter on your computer. It collects all your web browsing data and create inexorable junk files on your hard disk. Shopping or banking online is completely unsafe because it steals confidential information and send it to cyber criminals or third parties which can easily misuse your information to make money in illegal ways. So you should remove Win32:SupTap-O instantly from your computer by following instruction in this post.
Steps to Remove Win32:SupTap-O
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Win32:SupTap-O
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Win32:SupTap-O
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Win32:SupTap-O and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Win32:SupTap-O
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Win32:SupTap-O and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Win32:SupTap-O. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Win32:SupTap-O related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Win32:SupTap-O, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Win32:SupTap-O Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Win32:SupTap-O Running Processes.
- Right Click on Win32:SupTap-O and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Win32:SupTap-O Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Win32:SupTap-O and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Win32:SupTap-O Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Win32:SupTap-O, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!