“I am getting an unexpected ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ message on my Windows 7 desktop PC. With every restart the same message appears on my desktop with a “blank text box” and “Activate Now” button. I am unable to access my files or execute any application on my computer. Is any virus infection worked to lock my computer? If yes, then how can I fix ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ infection on my Windows computer?”
An exceptional ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware is infecting computers all over the globe. First time it has been detected in United States and now it become global. It is a kind of ransomware which works to lock users desktop and display a lock screen which poses like a genuine Windows Activation window and ask users to make call on provided number +1-888-303-5121.
‘Your Windows License has Expired, Please get a new one by calling 888-303-5121.’
The above mentioned one liner message comes with a windows 10 wallpaper. On an infected computer users also find a blank text field to fill up new activation key and a button “Activate Now”. So by the display ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware pretends like a real activation message from Microsoft to cheat online users. The most amazing fact about this ransomware that it does not encrypt files of users or demand any ransom amount. Security researchers have also found very interesting and weired facts about ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware. When they called the provided toll free number +1-888-303-5121, nobody respond. So theoretical it is a well known fact that paying or calling cyber criminals in any situation is never recommended.
So How to remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware infection? After a deep research, security researchers have found that filling “8716098676542789” in the blank text box and clicking on activate now will disable the lock screen and users can get back access of their computer back. After removal of ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ lock screen users are suggested to scan entire computer with an efficient malware scanner because a Trojan virus “Trojan.Ransomlock.AT” works to activate this scam on the infected computer.
Removal Tutorial For ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware
Remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the ‘Your Windows License has Expired’ ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.