Zyklon Ransomware has detected last week and security experts have determined it as a variant of GNL (German Netherlands Locker) ransomware. The big difference between two variants that GNL Ransomware virus has encrypted files only on those computer which IP belongs to Germany or Netherland but the advanced version of this threat Zyklon Ransomware can encrypt files on any targeted online computer all over the globe. However it has some comman similarities with GNL ransomware such as :-
- Zyklon Ransomware also encrypt files with “.locked” file encryption
- It uses the same file encryption algorithm AES-256 as GNL
- Ransom note “UNLOCK_FILES_INSTRUCTIONS.html ” and “UNLOCK_FILES_INSTRUCTIONS.txt” are also same.
After activation of Zyklon Ransomware on any computer the user can notice some odd changes on the computer such as desktop background image got changed by any generic image. More weired thing happens when the user open any folder and stay shocked after viewing unexpected files within the folder. The user at first does not realize that the folder contains all the same files that he/she has stored. What went wrong with saved files? Zyklon Ransomware has encrypted all personal files of user's concern with an additional file extension .locked and also created a .txt and .html files in every folder where file encryption has been done. These file are ransom notes for users and contain instructions for users that how can they recover encrypted files by Zyklon Ransomware. The ransom note says “Your files are locked/encrypted you can unlock files with “.locked” extension by paying requested amount (~$250)”. The ransomware note strongly highlight some vectors such as “user will have to pay Triple amount after specified date”, “32 character AES password will not be cracked with any other methods” and only payment of demanded ransom on TOR browser can unblock .locked files. Somewhere it is true that the file encryption used by this ransomware is very strong but you can remove Zyklon Ransomware and recover your files by following instruction in removal part on this page.
How To Remove Zyklon Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Zyklon Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Zyklon Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Zyklon Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.