AccelerateTab – What is it ?
AccelerateTab is a potentially unwanted program which the cyber security analysts have identified as a browser extension available onto the Chrome web store and www[.]websecuritykeeper[.]com. The program commonly promotes itself to visitors as a tool designed for protecting users from 'running into malware attacks and hacked sites.' According to the AccelerateTab's developer, the basic benefits of utilizing the particular program are pointed to be 'Google Compatibility', 'Real-time protection', 'Privacy guaranteed' and 'Instant results'. However, on the opposite to whatsoever is claimed or pretended, application in reality is a precarious stuff as listed above designed by potential cyber offenders with the primary objective of lurking innocent web users and then extorting huge amount of illegal revenue from them. Thus, in a case if has unfortunately got compromised by AccelerateTab, kindly take immediate steps onto it's instant uninstallation from system as according to cyber specialists it is the single measure possible to the emancipation of PC from all the below mentioned nasty traits.
Proliferation Tactics of AccelerateTab
- AccelerateTab do own it's official page on Chrome web store at Chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/acceleratetab/jgjafhkemfjfgdmjcmhofijphjmaanak. So, most commonly get downloaded directly from their.
- Program asides often propagates itself along with the installation of several freeware, shareware as well as drive-by-downloads.
- Accessing spam emails and downloading their respective malicious attachments also plays a very vital role in the dissemination of this vicious program in system.
- It in addition to this, often propagates itself via corrupted hardwares, pirated softwares and online games.
Vicious Traits Associated With AccelerateTab
- AccelerateTab acquire control over whole system and then alters it's default settings without the user's consent. It via this enables itself to obtain persistence in the system (i.e., automatic activation with each Windows reboot).
- Modifies the default settings of the browser installed in the system. Includes a search box which onto being utilized, poses redirection to Google, product pages on several online stores.
- PUP asides, generates targeted promotional materials onto the new tab page.
- Releases endless intrusive ads which though initially appears authentic, nonetheless as a matter of fact diminishes the PC's working speed on very large extent by occupying enormous amount of it's available CPU as well as memory space.
- Threatens the user's privacy via accommodating their sensitive information and then transferring it to the online crooks for the sake of several commercial purposes.
- Brings in numerous other treacherous malware infections in system without the user's permission by disabling security applications installed in it.
Thus, to emancipate the PC as well as it's default settings from all such undesired alteration issues, it is doubtlessly very important for the users to uninstall AccelerateTab from it.
Learn To Remove AccelerateTab Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete AccelerateTab Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of AccelerateTab Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to AccelerateTab related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from AccelerateTab On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing AccelerateTab from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.