Descriptive Note On Lotoor
Lotoor is another Android malware that mainly compromises Android devices. It's notorious activity is mainly activated in Russian Federation with more than 32% of hacked devices. Besides, it also actives in other countries including Brazil, USA, Vietnam, Germany, India and many other countries. As per the depth analysis on it's sample, expert's revealed that it is too much cunning in nature that proliferates inside the Android device secretly and after that conducts endless malevolent actions. It blocks the legitimate application from execution, modifies entire System registry setting, creates copies of itself and spread over the entire folder, corrupts all system files, gathers all sensitive data and many more.
|Technical Details of Lotoor|
|Category||Trojan, Malware, Virus|
|Discovered On||September 05, 2012|
|Updated On||September 20, 2012 3:40:08 PM|
|Similar To||Necro Malware, Ares Botnet, Android.Fakeyouwon Malware etc.|
|Infection Length||Always Varies|
|Description||Lotoor is a detection of hacking tool that mainly exploit the Computer vulnerabilities to gain the administrator or root privileges on hacked or targeted Android devices.|
|Occurrences||Exploit kits, software bundles, pirated software, hacked devices, torrent attackers, spam campaigns etc.|
|Deletion||Possible, you can get rid of Lotoor completely by scanning your Android device with effective scanner tool.|
Know How Does Lotoor Compromises User's Device
- It automatically gets install in device with bundles of cost-free packages.
- Gets inside the device via contaminated DVD, SD cards, CD, USB drives and many more.
- Attacks Android device via malicious pop-up ads or dubious messages.
- Comes inside the device from malicious email messages which include macro-enabled document and infected attachment.
- Another sources of Lotoor attack are torrent attacker, pirated software, unsafe domain etc.
Get Familiar With Capabilities of Lotoor
- Capable to receive & execute remote commands.
- Capable to collects user's personal data.
- Manages data and installer applications on device.
- Delivers several additional malwares to infected or compromised host.
- Automatically changes user's default settings.
- Gathers user's all personal detail and many more.
Best Practices To Keep Your Device Safe Against Lotoor
- Always use the Firewall setting to block the incoming connections from Internet to services.
- Use Complex passwords for your accounts.
- Ensures that your installed application and programs are up-to-date.
- Turn off the file sharing option if not needed.
- Always configure your email server to remove or block email.
- Turn off the Bluetooth if not required for your device and many more.
Steps to Delete Lotoor
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove Lotoor from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find Lotoor Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete Lotoor virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete Lotoor Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for Lotoor Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to Lotoor
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete Lotoor from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find Lotoor related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by Lotoor and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by Lotoor
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with Lotoor that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of Lotoor using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect Lotoor.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!