|Displayed publisher: Pup.optional.ask|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Pup.optional.ask|
|Program executable: Pup.optional.ask.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Pup.optional.ask\Pup.optional.ask.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Pup.optional.ask.dll|
|Adware.Win32.Pup.optional.ask.CA by Kingsoft|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.Pup.optional.ask.B by ZeroCERT|
|Adware.Vonteera by Ad-Aware|
|Remove Pup.optional.ask Now !|
Pup.optional.ask may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Music Tag Editor , Distillage 2.4 , Easy Currencies 5.3 , Newshosting Newsreader 1.6.1 , CM TIFF 2 PDF 1.2.5 , IMAGEmini 1.60 , ASKey 1.03 , OsiriX MD 6.5.2 , Satimage osax 3.6.1 , Sinar CaptureShop 6.0.2 6.0.2 , WORDsearch Basic 2.5.9 , TeamWave Workplace 4.2 , Keynote Remote 1.1 , Freelance Tracker 1.6 , DVDxDV 2.7.1 , Hider 2 , BluIP 1.4.2 , Screenshots Preference Pane 1.0
Info About Pup.optional.ask
If Pup.optional.ask show up on your system screen every time when you try to surf the Internet, then its means that your PC is infected with an adware. It is a type of computer threat which displays contextual adverts when the infected users started browsing the web. These pop-ups usually show up when you download a software over the Internet and appears in the form of pop-up windows or in new tabs. Although, Pup.optional.ask especially designed to promote third party applications that can be dangerous as well. As RMV security experts have already mentioned, these pop-ups often show up after the system user download some freeware program from suspicious sources available over the Internet easily.
However, you might encounter Pup.optional.ask while browsing dating, gaming, gambling portals or online stores. This adware might also try to mislead you into clicking on its advertisements by displaying various coupons, offers, price comparisons, deals, discounts, and similar content. You should beware that clicking on its displayed ads can make you visit questionable web pages, which may promote third-party programs. It goes without saying that you should not blindly agree to install suspicious softwares on your PC. If you really do not want to experience Pup.optional.ask redirects or unintentionally install rogue toolbars or even malware, ignore its ads. This vague tool advertises all kinds of system apps, and even some of them are legit, but others might pose a security threat to your computer.
How To Prevent Pup.optional.ask Infection?
Many system users tend to think that adware threats distribute like nasty computer malwares and that they can easily hijack the machine. However, that is not true, PUPs responsible for displaying Pup.optional.ask are not proliferated using such harsh techniques. They mostly spread by using a legitimate program distribution method known as bundling. The developers of adwares bundle them with other cost-free apps and upload such program packages on various download domains. RMV researchers would like to share some advice on how to avoid installing adwares alongside other free softwares:
- Download program directly from trustworthy Internet sources.
- Avoid selecting ‘Run’ when you click on ‘Download’ button and choose ‘Save’ option instead.
- Install any applications through Advanced or Custom option deselect any recommended or additional tools to avoid getting Pup.optional.ask on your PC screen.
Step:1 Remove Pup.optional.ask or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Pup.optional.ask or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Pup.optional.ask or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Pup.optional.ask
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Pup.optional.ask from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Pup.optional.ask
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Pup.optional.ask will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Pup.optional.ask
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Pup.optional.ask in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Pup.optional.ask
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Pup.optional.ask while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Pup.optional.ask Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Pup.optional.ask
How to Block Pup.optional.ask Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Pup.optional.ask exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Pup.optional.ask Removal