Recently, team of security experts have discovered a new ransomware named AutoTRON ransomware that uses in-built ransomware engine to rename the targeted files and trick innocent users into paying ransom fee. If your System files also encrypted with '.TRON' file extension and you want to decrypt them easily without paying a single penny then go through with this expert's guidelines completely. But before that you must know about the related information of AutoTRON ransomware.
AutoTRON ransomware : Threat's Inspection Report
|Threat's Name||AutoTRON ransomware|
|Alias||AutoIt or TRON-AutoIt Ransomware|
|Detected on||End of April 2018|
|Primarily Targeted||English speaking users|
|Affected Systems||Windows version|
|Contact Information||[email protected]|
|Size of Ransom Note||Varies from $300 – $500 in Bitcoins|
|Description||AutoTRON ransomware is a newly discovered ransomware infection that aim to lock users all stored files and after that asks victims to pay ransom demanded fee.|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, torrent downloads, junk mail attachments, pirated or cracked software, bundling method, exploits kits, infected devices etc.|
|Removal Recommendations||Download Windows Scanner Tool to detect & delete AutoTRON ransomware from infected Windows machine.|
Detailed Information of AutoTRON ransomware
AutoTRON ransomware is another notorious and harmful file encrypting ransomware infection that can be also detected ad the TRON-AutoIt ransomware. First of all, it has been detected at the end of the April 2018 by researchers. According to them, it mainly targets the English speaking System users but it doesn't mean that it cannot affect other speaking System users. It is known for encrypting users all stored files like images, documents, PDFs, databases, videos as well as many more by appending .TRON file extension. Upon the successful encryption procedure, it delivers a text file named README.txt on desktop which severs as a ransom note that asks victims to email the cyber criminals through [email protected]
Potential Threats if AutoTRON ransomware
AutoTRON ransomware is regarded as the most dangerous System infection which doesn't only encrypts users personal files but also makes unnecessary or unauthorized modification. Once the developers of AutoTRON ransomware executed its payload on affected machine, it executes the malicious scripts through Command Prompt and the Powershell in order to alter boot sequence, registry entries and delete the copies of Volume Shadow. After that it initiate the encryption procedure and asks victims to pay ransom fee in Bitcoin.
Don't Pay Ransom Fee Asked by AutoTRON ransomware Developers
The con artists of AutoTRON ransomware has sole intention to make money from victims and for this they dropped a ransom note. In the ransom note, hackers clearly mentioned that victims must transfer the ransom fee within 10 days. However, the size of ransom fee in unclear and it may varies from $300-$500. Anyway, team of security experts are strictly advised victims that they should not pay ransom fee under any circumstances. Rather than paying the demanded fee, victims must follow the below mentioned ransomware removal solution to get rid of AutoTRON ransomware.
A: How To Remove AutoTRON ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill AutoTRON ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the AutoTRON ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall AutoTRON ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all AutoTRON ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore AutoTRON ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing AutoTRON ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing AutoTRON ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by AutoTRON ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.