Technical Information on Predator Ransomware
Predator Ransomware is a dangerous file-encrypting virus which has been affecting the Windows computers all around the world. In order to mark the enciphered data, the malware is using '.predator' extension after encoding the targeted file types. Just because the ransomware uses AES file encryption algorithm, the encoded data becomes unusable for the victimized users. After that, infected system users will be left with a ransom note that can be identified as 'README.txt' which urges the victims to contact the operators of Predator Ransomware through an email address '[email protected]' mentioned in the displayed ransom notification. Although, in exchange for a decryption key, the hackers behind this ransomware virus demands 100 USD in the form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Unfortunately, the decryption key which is extremely needed to restore the files enciphered by this malware is stored on the Command and Control server operated by team of cyber criminals responsible for this vicious attack. Here, it is important for you to understand that the files saved on your computers have been encrypted by Predator Ransomware using a strong AES cipher which makes the recovery of files almost impossible without having a right decryption key. However, if the encoded files mean a lot to you, then you should hold yourself and avoid paying asked ransom money to the criminal hackers. This is because, the chances of getting scammed by the racketeers is quite high if you believe in the fake promises of threat actors and decided to pay asked ransom money to them.
What To Do After Predator Ransomware Attack?
Cyber security analysts at RMV strongly recommend staying away from contacting the operators of Predator Ransomware and you need to think about other possible ways for restoring the files enciphered by this malware. In such circumstances, all you need to do is to download a credible and powerful anti-malware suite to remove this ransomware completely and permanently from the compromised system. In addition to that, you need to use backup copies, or if not available, then use a trustworthy data recovery software that might help you to restore some of your important computer files that have been encoded by this threat after removing Predator Ransomware virus effectively from the system.
How Does Predator Ransomware Infection Spread?
- Spam email attachments.
- Freeware or shareware downloads.
- Visiting questionable websites.
- Clicking on intrusive ads or links.
- Connecting malware-laden USB drives.
How To Remove Predator Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Predator Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Predator Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Predator Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Predator Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Predator Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Predator Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Predator Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Predator Ransomware related programs.
Remove Predator Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Predator Ransomware related entries.
Remove Predator Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Predator Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Predator Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.