|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected EOG1B Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|EOG1B Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Sophos ML||6.4.645109||Trj.Win64.EOG1B Ransomware.AC|
|AVware||3.242645||Variant of Win32/Trojan.EOG1B Ransomware.B|
|Virusdie External Site Scan||8.4.631||DoctorVaccine, SystemStable|
|Suggestion: Uninstall EOG1B Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
EOG1B Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Captain Memo 1.0 , Microsoft IE Cross Frame Navigation Security Patch 09/04/98 , PlanetPlush (Preview) 2.6.1f3 , Flip4Player 22.214.171.124 , AutomountMaker 1.3.6 , Micro Amazon 1.0 , Emicsoft DVD to iPod , UFxp 1.0 , AudioMixer 2.1 , Accio Dictionary for iPod 1.0.3 , XML-RPC Client 1.6 , Curtis – Granular Synthesizer 1.0 , Oolite , ImageExpo 4.21.2244 , Screen Tunnel 1.1 , Aneesoft iPhone Video Converter , Nodes 2.0.2 , LogDoor 2.2
In-depth Information Regarding EOG1B Ransomware
EOG1B Ransomware is a file encrypting malware that can be damaging for the function of a targeted system. Security researchers discovered this trojan recently. The ransomware shares many of its features with other ransomware that have gained popularity. These malware share similar features of file encryption. They accomplish this by infecting a system with infectious payload that easily gets distributed through spam mails and bundled softwares. The mail containing EOG1B Ransomware is designed to catch user’s attention by putting names of reputed firms and displaying their design templates. This can easily deceive users and make them read the attachments of these messages. The payloads are generally embedded within the documents that wants users to click on them so that the executable file can enable itself and secretly install within the system. EOG1B Ransomware has been observed to be spreading using software bundles which carries the payload within a legitimate file format which makes it successful in evading detection from users or their weak anti-virus application. The purpose of this ransomware is to make users believe that only the threat actors can help them in decrypting their files back for which users need to pay a heavy ransom so that they can obtain a private decryption key from the hackers.
EOG1B Ransomware immediately after getting installed encrypts several files such as images, texts, audio, video, documents, databases, archives and backups using a strong AES-256 encryption algorithm. This is followed by changing the file names of encrypted files and adding an extension to the files. The files soon become unreadable by the operating system and hence is of no use unless restored using strong data recovery software, such as one provided here. The encrypted files can be identified carrying a white icon. EOG1B Ransomware immediately places a ransom note in every folder of the system and also on the desktop. The note is contained in a file. The contents of the file inform users that their system has been attacked by the ransomware and the files have been encrypted which can only be recovered by a private decryption key that was sent to remote servers. If users would like to recover their files and obtain that decryption key they need to contact on the mentioned email address. This is unlikely to help users affected by this ransomware and hence they should never contact them. EOG1B Ransomware has been found to negotiate the ransom amount however users can follow these steps to remove it completely.
Remove EOG1B Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove EOG1B Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove EOG1B Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To EOG1B Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find EOG1B Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove EOG1B Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove EOG1B Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the EOG1B Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the EOG1B Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.