This article is going to help the user who want to delete Skidmap from the infectious computer system. Therefore, try to follow all the guided steps properly provided at the end of this section.
|Infected Browser||Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Edge.|
|Affected System||Win 32/64, 8, 10, 8.1, XP, 7, Vista.|
|Dispersal Methods||Peer to peer file sharing network, reading junked e-mail attachments, corrupted external drives etc.|
Complete Description On Skidmap
Skidmap is a recently discovered computer infection that belongs to the malware family of virus whose prime intension is to deploy a per-configured crypto-currency miner which is capable of generating Monero coins for their attackers. This can contaminates several types of Windows Operating System such as XP, 10, 8, Vista, 7, Win 32/64, 8.1 etc and several known Web Browser Search Engines like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox etc. The chief intension behind developing such malware by the cyber crooks is to withdraw huge amount of illegal online profitable revenue from the victimized users of the contaminated machines. It is able to use LKM (Loadable Kernel Modules) for manipulating the configuration and behavior of Linux based systems.
Common Sources Of Skidmap
Skidmap is a deadly malware which can secretly gets invaded into the targeted Operating System by using distributive methods like fake software updater, software bundling method, downloading torrents websites, untrustworthy downloading sources, free file hosting websites, download free things from untrusted websites, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, email spam campaigns, reading junked e-mail attachments, peer to peer file sharing network, corrupted external drives, pornographic or adult sites, fake invoices, online gaming server, untrustworthy third party software down-loader, hacked executable files etc. It requires the root access to the working environment liked by attackers who can make use of un-patched weak points, high level infection, badly secured systems etc.
Damaging Effects Caused By Skidmap
After the successful infiltration of Skidmap into the compromised system it try to operate for Monero mining. Some of the modules are given below:
- It is capable of hiding the files that is used by Skidmap and it drops the crypto-currency miners.
- It can easily replaces the rm modules with fake programs that launches a files at the random interval of time.
- It can betrays the CPU usage reports and the network that the Linux delivers which can leave the system users that the CPU is being used heavily.
- The LKM is sever as a rootkit which allows this malware to endure. So that the crypto-miner can easily utilizes their resources.
How To Terminate Skidmap
For the removal of Skidmap and their associated files from the deceived computer system. You must clean your system carefully and get a reliable step-by-step removal guide which may helps you in deleting this infection from your infected computer system.
How to Remove Skidmap from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Skidmap from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Skidmap using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Skidmap
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Skidmap .
Step3: How to Uninstall Skidmap from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Skidmap and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Skidmap and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Skidmap and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Skidmap and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Skidmap Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Skidmap to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Skidmap named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Skidmap entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Skidmap , or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.