BitcoinPriceSearch Extension : Threat's Analysis
|Description||BitcoinPriceSearch Extension is able to make changes in your default browser settings and replace the pre-set search provider with its own dubious one.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Scanner to confirm the attack of BitcoinPriceSearch Extension virus.|
Detailed Information on BitcoinPriceSearch Extension
BitcoinPriceSearch Extension is a kind of potentially unwanted program especially created by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. which is also published in the Web store of Google Chrome. This browser extension is developed to target the web surfers who deal with the transactions of cryptocurrency. It claims to help the system users to update with the latest news regarding Bitcoin digital currency and the rate of BTC exchange on various platforms of cryptocurrencies. This extension has its version for different popular Internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox, IE and Chrome. However, adding BitcoinPriceSearch Extension to any Chromium-based web browsers might be possible, but the toolbar may not be valid for the versions of Mozilla Firefox browser.
Rights That BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Requires in Chrome
- Manage your installed applications, themes, extensions and downloads.
- Replaces the new tab URL address with a new web portal.
- Read and modify all the data on every web pages that you visit.
BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Requires Following Rights in Firefox
- Access browser tabs and activity during navigation.
- Exchange messages with other apps instead of Firefox.
- Manage themes and monitor the usage of extension.
- Access your data on all your visited websites.
Following Rights Required by the BHO of BitcoinPriceSearch Extension in IE
Make its own homepage and search engine on your Internet Explorer.
Working Algorithms of BitcoinPriceSearch Extension
Technically speaking, this browser toolbar is specifically programmed to alter the new tab page in Chrome browser with the customized version of MyWay search engine. It also changes the default homepage and search engine in Mozilla FF and IE as well. The new tab page placed by BitcoinPriceSearch Extension features some links to popular web pages like Instagram, Amazon, Facebook, Trivago, Walmart, Macys and Bookings. In addition to that, you may notice the set of specialized links on your homepage as well which might be beneficial for the Bitcoin traders and egular system users.
Here, it is quite important for you to understand that BitcoinPriceSearch Extension is a potentially undesired application developed by Mindspark because it demands some privileges just by providing a new tab page and custom search. Although, Mindspark Interactive Network is an advertising company which uses the non-personally identifiable data of the computer users that were collected using this browser toolbar in order to display targeted ads on your PC screen. Therefore, system users who don't want to keep this extension on their machine can remove BitcoinPriceSearch Extension using the instructions provided below.
Files Associated with BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Marked by AV
- Win32:UnwantedSig [PUP]
- MyWebSearch.J (v)
Learn To Remove BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of BitcoinPriceSearch Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to BitcoinPriceSearch Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from BitcoinPriceSearch Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing BitcoinPriceSearch Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.