Important Facts About BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware
BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware is a new file-encoder virus which is especially programmed by the cyber extortionists in order to target the system users located in Portugal or Spain. This conclusion is based on the ransom note that it displays onto the affected computer screen which is written in Portuguese language and believed to have originated from country Brazil. Besides, the main image of ransom notification includes the logo of virus and the title 'Todos Seus arquivos foram criptografados!' in the form of text block. It also opens its Graphic User Interface (GUI) named BugWare [v1.2], which included the ID of victimized system users, bitcoin address, ransom text and the email address '[email protected]'.
Cyber criminals behind BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware demands ransom in Monero, which is another a cryptocurrency and suggests victim's to pay ransom fee within 72 hours. What's more, the malware also includes a couple of links which belongs to the Brazilian website about bitcoins. It also provides links of YouTube website, but at the time of writing this article, they do not function. The developers urge victimized system users to pay the ransom money as their data is encoded by using strongly file encryption algorithm i.e. RSA-2048 cipher. At the moment, BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware is detectable with other names, such as Generic.Ransom.CloudSword.5DE49FDD and Generic.Ransom.CloudSword.5DE49FDD.
Dealing with BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware Virus
Moreover, some anti-virus programs identify it as a sample of open-source HiddenTear ransomware project. Interestingly, this ransomware travels though an executable file identified as doc_2017100200000-15.pdf.exe. Hence, you need to be very careful because the malware spreads through malicious spam email campaigns as well. Threat actors attempt to deceive the innocent computer users with bogus invoices which generally comes in .pdf or .doc file format. In case, if this threat has already settled onto your Windows system, then make a haste to delete BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware with the help of manual removal instructions provided below or use a credible and legitimate anti-malware scanner that will eliminate the ransomware automatically from your PC in just few clicks.
Prevent Yourself From BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware Attack
- Try to avoid clicking on suspicious links or intrusive online advertisements.
- You should not download any programs from untrustworthy web portals.
- Avoid opening the files attached on spam emails arrived from unknown senders.
- Do not click on the pop-ups suggests updating the installed applications.
How To Remove BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the BUGWARE v1.2 Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.