On August 09, 2018, team of security analysts have discovered a new variant of infamous Dharma Ransomware named Cmb Dharma Ransomware that flaunts .cmb file extension to encrypt users files. This post is mainly created by professional experts to outlined what actually Cmb Dharma Ransomware, how it infects users PC and what happens when your System is compromised with this ransomware. So, keep reading this post completely.
Cmb Dharma Ransomware : It's Analysis Report
|Name of Threat||Cmb Dharma Ransomware|
|Variant of||Dharma Ransomware|
|Danger Level||Very High|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Ransom Note||All your files have been encrypted|
|Primary Aim||Encrypts users stored files and extort money from affected users.|
|Payloads||Spam emails, fake search engine, misleading websites, pirated software, infected game servers etc.|
|To get rid of Cmb Dharma Ransomware successfully and decrypt files, users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Cmb Dharma Ransomware : Know About The New Variant of Dharma Ransomware
As per the depth analysis report of researchers, Cmb Dharma Ransomware is one of the most popular and latest variant of the infamous Dharma Ransomware family that proliferates inside the PC secretly and after that perform several hazardous actions. First of all, it alters the Windows Registry as well as startup section and disables all security measures so that affected users cannot easily detect and delete Cmb Dharma Ransomware from their infected machine. Doesn't matter which type of System you are using because its developers are crafted it in such a way that it can easily compromise almost all version of Windows OS.
Get Familiar With Hazardous Actions of Cmb Dharma Ransomware
Cmb Dharma Ransomware is mainly known to encipher users content including images, databases, PDFs, texts, videos, documents, spreadsheets and many more using the customized AES cipher. It locks users files by adding .cmb file extension. Furthermore, it displays a ransom note entitled as 'All your files have been encrypted' that informs users about the attack of Cmb Dharma Ransomware and urges System users to contact with developers of this ransomware via provided email address and pay ransom amount. But team of security analysts are strictly warned System users to do so. As there is no evidence that files can be restored even paying the large amount of ransom fee.
Common Symptoms of Cmb Dharma Ransomware
- All stored files and renamed with .cmb file extension.
- Makes you unable to access your crucial files.
- Displayed ransom note in each existing folder.
- Makes targeted PC too much slower than before.
- Alters users System, browser and existing settings without users awareness.
- Makes System vulnerable and brings lots of hazardous System threats etc.
Remove Cmb Dharma Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Cmb Dharma Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Cmb Dharma Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Cmb Dharma Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Cmb Dharma Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Cmb Dharma Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Cmb Dharma Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Cmb Dharma Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Cmb Dharma Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.